Trip Start Sep 17, 2009
17Trip End Nov 17, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
things we did and observed:
1) watching the school children every night dance and their freedom
2) visiting the school in Nkuringo area that had no electricity, 400 kids, 4 teachers (one for each 100), 25% orphans and a kid named Timos who was an orphan who has never missed a day and hikes 2 hours each way, every day, to his class. We made a donation to the school in his honor and the headmaster called the school together and pointed him out.
3) the sunsets above the clouds at the top of the mountain every night, literally feeling on top of the world. seeing the amber of the volcano in the distance.
4) Tracking gorillas on the border of Rwanda and the DRC with AK-47 armed Ugandan trackers that cleared our paths only with machetes. Brian got charged by a female that we think liked him for his beard. Brian didnt consider this foreplay, but he went straight into submission. Erin was a little jealous
5) frustration at the problems that exist and the lack of having people that you 100% know you can trust to give the aid to
6) Killing an awkward silence in a mudhut with complete strangers by putting the IPOD on Michael Jackson. Thank you MJ !