This isn't goodbye, its see you later

Trip Start Jan 25, 2007
Trip End Oct 02, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Maine
Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wow, so much has happened simce my last entry i dont really no where to start.
I think i left you all with the lead up to my show. Although pretty nerve racking it went really well and it prompted an increase in my dance classes.
The rest of the first half flew by. Then after the 4 week mark all changed as we had to switch bunks, moving from Winnebago with it own bathroom of 3 showers for the 9 of us to Wyandot, a shared cabin ajoined to Androscoggin, with a 4 showers for 27 girls. We also said goodbye to our 2 French girls and welcomed 4 more girls and another counsellor. Making 13 of us in total for the second half. It actually all worked out for the better, and we survived the shower shortage without too much drama. My new girls were all fantastic and enthusiastic about everything.

A couple of really big events:
USA vs The World; a very competitive soccer match where the american counsellors play against the counsellors from the rest of the world. I got a cheerleading team together, with an awesome routine and stunts that Nicole, my fellow dance counsellor, helped teach. We even managed to rope some of the male counsellors into throwing me in a basket toss and other stunts. Despite a few injuries, it all went really well and the kids loved it. Sadly the World lost the game. Better luck next year.

Miss Wekeela; Possibly one of the most funniest nights of my life. Each girl bunk selects a male counsellor to enter into the Miss Wekeela competition. The counsellors selected have to take it very seriously, led by the girls in the chosen bunks they are required to shave off all body hair, adorn wigs and makeup and compete in the following categories; day wear, evening wear, swim wear and have a talent to perform. I cannot wait to show you all the photos. Well worth missing a night off for.

Color War; an intense 4 day battle of green vs white. Color War broke on the wednesday night before the end of camp during casino night. an elaborate peformance was staged by the camp admin of the stealing of the color war hatchets. on recovering the hatchets everyone from camp was led in silence and in height order from smallest to tallest up to the archery field where one by one we were divided into our teams. Generals were chosen to lead the teams. I was on the white team. That night we had to come up with a name, The White Mustang was chosen. The kids all departed for bed whilst the counsellors stayed up until early hours of the morning chiselling away at the bark on the totem pole and coming up with designs for the totem pole and the banner. Schedules had to made for each days activities, ideas for line ups and songs had to be started. After a long day of competitive sports we had the rope burn, each team had to build a fire to burn through a piece of rope that had been soaked in the lake for a few days, covered in mud and then frozen. The ropes burned within 38 seconds of each other after hours fire building. By the sunday, the 2 teams were within 50 points of each other and it all camp down to Sing. We had to present our totem pole, our banner, 3 songs, a dance, a skit, a commercial, a poem and a photographs. Hours and hours of hard work and very very little sleep (approx 8 hours over 4 days) the Green Gorillas triumped over the White Mustang. Tears were shed but the relief was felt that we could all be reunited for the last 2 nights of camp.

It was hard not seeing my close friends and my campers during color war as i was locked away in the art cabin working on the banner for my team. the last day of camp was very sad. i still cant believe how quickly the summer has gone and how amazing it has been.
Many many more tears were shed as we waved everyone off. Tiredness making everything much worse as once again i had only 1 hours sleep.
After saying goodbye we had to clear up the chaos the girls had left behind, and pack up our belongings.
That night we all headed to the Econo Lodge where we hit Rack M Up for the first time all together since staff week. Many beers later we finally go to bed and the process of saying goodbye to our close friends began.

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: