Let me go home!

Trip Start Jun 15, 2013
Trip End Jul 17, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Add Comment

Flag of Namibia  ,
Monday, June 24, 2013

Today is the first day that I have genuinely wanted to go home. All I want is Mom to make me soup and give me 7up and Dorian to snuggle with me and make me feel better.

I woke up a little before 6 and absolutely didn't want to get out of bed. Normally I don’t want to but I can force myself to and move on with my life. Today it was different. Initially I thought it was because I slept throughout the night without being cold at all, which was odd. I sat up, once I got some ambition, and immediately went back down. I was so incredibly dizzy just sitting still. The only time I wasn’t was when the lights were out and I was lying down. I told Alison that I was feeling awfully dizzy, and she was kind enough to help me get my things out of the tent one I had gotten my contacts in and was ready for the day. I managed to make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth, but I continued to be incredibly dizzy and I was so darn nauseous.

Everyone joined around the campground for breakfast, and I just sat there. Nothing sounded appetizing whatsoever. Andrea is studying nursing, so we talked about how I felt. She asked if I drank any of the water at Etosha, as George had said he even gets a stomachache from the water before we arrived. I told her no, that I had used it to brush my teeth though and wasn’t overly cautious when I showered in it last night. She acted like that shouldn’t do it. She asked if I had diarrhea, which I hadn’t, thank goodness. She emphasized that it’s important not to keep it a secret if I do. I managed to eat another PB&J for lunch this morning once I thought I might be feeling better. We packed up the campground and headed onward. 

We did a bit of safari’ing this morning, but I couldn’t keep my eyes open for the life of me. From what I heard from the others, nothing was seen. I’m assuming if a lion or some other cat was spotted, I would have been awoken by all of the excitement. 

We traveled out of the park and began the long journey back to Windhoek.  My dizziness continues whenever I moved about. Then all of the sudden massive abdominal cramps started. They continued the whole 5 hour drive. No diarrhea though. I ate lunch, which was a burger, and hoped that would help my stomach. It only got worse. By the time we arrived to Windhoek where we waited for our ride, I was nearly in tears at each round of cramps.

Alison and I said goodbye to everyone that we had become friends with on our safari adventure and headed back to N/a’an Ku Se.

After we arrived, we had supper with everyone back at the camp. I met a few new people and was disappointed to be reminded that I may not see my friends that went to Neuras again. Supper tonight was spaghetti noodles with what I believe to be ground beef, which was seasoned incredibly well.

We have Sheila in our room again tonight, and she has been incredibly affectionate towards me. I leave early tomorrow morning for the clinic (6:00) and am looking forward to sleeping in a bed again. I am hopeful that I will be over whatever this illness is by morning… We will see though.

Goodnight! Hard to believe that people will actually be reading all of my posts tomorrow evening after I get everything updated on my blog. Hooray for the clinic having internet!
Slideshow Report as Spam
Add Comment

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: