Greetings from ... Nashville? Tricked ya ! :o)

Trip Start Sep 02, 2010
Trip End Aug 17, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of United States  , Ohio
Friday, September 10, 2010

Today I drove to Put-in-Bay to meet my sister, Sarah. The band she is in, Mustang Sally, is touring here this weekend. So, I drove up here and Sarah and I are road-tripping back to Nashville. The drive was pretty uneventful once I got out of Chicago traffic and the construction zones in Indiana. The leaves are just beginning to turn, and the colors were beautiful. 

The most strange road-side attraction I saw today in Indiana was the RV/Motor Home Hall of Fame. It sounds incredibly lame, but... when I started to really think about it, there could be some really sweet RVs there! I don't know exactly what I'm imagining, but I am imagining something awesome. :) 

I had an eclectic assortment of music to keep me entertained on the 5 1/2 hour drive. Some Eagles, Jim Croce, Led Zeppelin, Matchbox 20, Third Eye Blind, Eve 6, Joe Walsh, The Offspring, Elton John, hmmm... who else was there? I was definitely having a 90s flashback at certain points on the drive, which was totally awesome and so needed. Nostalgia makes my world go round. Especially when you've got yourself for company. I need to get out of my head more often.

This is not the first time I've come to Put-in-Bay, but I still managed to miss my turn on the way to the ferry. The exact same thing happened last time, only this time, I caught myself soon enough that I didn't go too far out of my way, and I didn't get lost anymore once I'd re-oriented myself. 

Once I made it to the ferry, I parked my car, then walked myself over to the gate. There was a boy scout troop with tons of camping equipment taking up all sorts of space in line for the ferry. They were kind of cute, but their stuff was annoying. When we got on the ferry, the passengers had the option to leave their luggage on the lower deck, then go to the upper deck for the view on the 20 minute ride. My bag got stuck right in the middle of their pile of camping gear, sand I waited politely for them to come move things before I took my bag. 

Sarah was supposed to meet me with a golf cart at the ferry dock. When I got there, I called and she said she was "like a block away." This was the looooongest block ever, and I got bored of waiting, so I started walking up the main road to meet her. On my short walk, I was offered rides toward the main part of the island by three different people. I found it kind of funny, and very sweet.

When she finally got there, I understood what had taken so long. She got stuck with an electric golf cart and crawled up each of the mini-inclines toward the ferry-end of the island. We had a very hilarious and fast journey to the hotel. 

After we changed and I freshened up, we went to Hooligan's for dinner. Dinner was pretty tasty! :) We split a Caesar salad, Sarah had salmon with dill sauce, and I had Irish beef stew. From dinner, we went to the grocery store for some snacks when she was done performing at two in the morning. For the record, we ended up with chips and salsa, and Reese's Pieces. 

After dinner and shopping, we went back to the hotel so Sarah could get ready for the show. The "getting ready" process involved Facebook, pictures, and the Double Rainbow video. :D I still find that video completely hilarious because of the sky-high random factor

At the Beer Barrel Saloon I said "Hi!" to the rest of the band and hung out backstage for a little while. When they were going on, I went into the main area of the bar and was completely surrounded by the insane Friday night drunk party-goers. I ordered myself a Jack and Coke, and sat back to enjoy the show. About half way through the show, I decided I was going to be adventurous and brave the crowd of standing drunk people. Well, my adventurous-ness was, well, adventurous. There was a group of Navy officers from a ship on Lake Erie who started flirting with me. The one guy asked me why I looked bored, and I said I wasn't bored, just not feeling well. He said his remedy is Nyquil and alcohol. So sweet. I ended up getting lots of hand-shakes and two kisses. 

When Mustang Sally took their first break I went back stage again and said my good-nights and went back to the hotel to get out of the loud-ness to continue recovering from my cold. I ended up watching a movie and chatting on Facebook.

Now Sarah is back from the show and we are having awesome girl talk.

Good night, world!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Betty on

I find it amazing that your entry for Put-in-Bay is about as long as some of the Costa Rican entries.

And that last picture--oh my goodness! :)

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: