Thailand - Land of Smiles
Trip Start May 07, 2009
15Trip End Aug 03, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Here is a peak view of Ayanna and Arielle's backpack essentials:
- Mosquito net- not only for the obvious reason, but for keeping unfriendly bugs out of our mouths when we pass out after an exhausting day at the beach... tough life!
- Keen sandals- perfect... all purpose and incredibly stylish... well, relative to Teva that is.
- Toilet paper- folded up and stuck in every crevice of your bag... in Asia, toilets are equipped with spray hoses- you get the idea- and as much as we are prepared to integrate ourselves into the culture, there are certain western habits that we are not willing to give up.
- Very sexy, clear plastic ponchos- for those surprise flash downpours, also referred to as floods, typical of Southeast Asia
- Mint, waxed dental floss- found to have amazing purposes not limited to clean teeth, we've found it to serve perfectly as a laundry line and rope to tie up our mosquito nets, honestly, you would be surprised about its strength
Through this blog, we will try our best to regale you with only the most entertaining of our stories as we make our way through Southeast Asia. For those of you who have already traveled to this part of the world, we'd love suggestions and tips of must-sees, must-stays, and best of all, must-eats.
Love, Ayanna and Arielle
Where I stayed