Canals, churches and transvestites
Trip Start Aug 14, 2013
21Trip End Feb 01, 2014
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Our first 3 days in London were pretty full on but super fun with catch-ups, gigs, crazy theatre productions, London boozers and greasy spoons.
- Butterfly enclosure at Singapore Airport.
- Catching up with with our lovely friends Katza, Jeano and Gogster - some of our old London crew.
- Staying on the canal in Kat's cool digs.
- Deptford Goth gig at a church (the Union Chapel) - sitting on church pews whilst drinking hot chocolate is a new thing for me.
- Getting totally immersed in the crazy world and production of The Drowned Man: A Hollywood Fable - I can't explain how awesome this was - being kidnapped by a man and taken into a dark tunnel and made to read out a dark tale of this life, following a transvestite into a hotel room, being given a vile of liquid and made to remove his shoes, following a crazed naked man.
- Visiting old London boozers - god how we've missed the good ol' London pubs.
- Remembering just how cheap food and drinks are here compared to Oz - being on the pound has its advantages too!
- Catching the tube at peak hour with our backpacks - I forgot just how miserable the tube can be at 6am in the morning with a backpack.
- Paying for a seat on the 4 hour train to Newcastle only to find a dear old lady in our seat, thinking the whole karma thing through, Jean and I took turns to sit on the edge of the seats or stand.