Trip Start Jun 28, 2011
Trip End Jul 10, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Utah
Friday, July 8, 2011


If you are not internet savvy (as I am not), I want to tell you a few things I should have told you on day 1...

Be sure to scroll down to see more pictures each day.

Click on the picture to enlarge it.

You can post a comment on the day, or for individual photos.


I remembered a few things I forgot to write...

Rogan took the awesome photo of the raft that's almost vertical.

While on a hike someone remarked they should get 20 Brownie points for completing it.
"Brownies? There's brownies? I like brownies," said Gianni

Kim A: Night 3 we had shrimp cocktail for appetizers.

There were 2 mantras aboard the raft...

"Apply sunscreen"  (for obvious reasons)

"Drink water" (to avoid heat exhaustion. But, when you are trying to avoid having to pee in the river in plain view {they called it a smiley break}, or having to climb to the Groover, heat exhaustion looked better all the time.


Breakfast this morning, was French Toast, ham, melons, whipping cream, strawberry and blue syrup.

We stopped again for a hike to a small water fall and a rock pool. Our savior, Jim, jumped into the pool, and probably broke his foot. We'll know tonight when we all meet at the Blue Pig, a local BBQ place in Moab for one last rehash. UPDATE:  His wife says he'll be fine; he thinks it's broken or something.

 We were traveling quite fast so there was a lot of cold spray. Rogan hooked up some life vests to break that spray.

Lake Powell was our final destination. It's the gateway to the Grand Canyon. Hite is where we are met to transfer to buses that take us to the airport for the 35 minute flight back to Moab. Little did we realize it would be one last adventure. There were 4 six seater planes waiting for us and we flew back over Cataract Canyon and the river where we had spent the last four day. Gianni who usually experiences motion sickness had it replaced by fear; Rogan who is usually a good flyer, got sick. The four adults in the plane were white knuckled as the plane whined, dropped, got blown to the side, and a major storm which we could see heading our way. It was a race to the airport. We touched down just as the rain began to pelt the area.

But, I got ahead a bit. When we boarded the bus to the airport, a very big frog was sitting along the side of the road. Most photographed frog of the day. We rode with the Langfords. The view from the plane was very special. To see the very rapids we'd done yesterday; the walks we didn't take; and the other-worldlyness of the landscape was breath-taking.

So we began our journey with 2 Boys on a Rock in Arches National Park, and ended with 2 boys on a plane. But, in between, we surely captured 2 BOYS on a RAFT.

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: