Sightseeing in DC & My Biological Clock

Trip Start Jul 11, 2009
Trip End Jul 20, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , District of Columbia
Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday was beautiful in Washington, DC. The skies were clear blue, somewhere in the mid 80s with a nice breeze. Since we were staying outside of DC, we headed out to the bus stop that would take us to the metro station, which would take us into downtown.

We basically spent the day walking around the city, visiting some of the monuments and taking loads of pictures. We saw the White House, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. At this point, it was around 2:00 and we went to have lunch at An Uncommon Café. It was a buffet style café where you paid by the lb. of food you got. They had such good food! I was jealous that they don’t have these in Florida.

At this same time, I realized that I probably should have put on some sunscreen this morning seeing as how my arms and backs of my legs were now turning a lovely, bright shade of red. It was starting to hurt to be outside in the sun so we took our sightseeing indoors into the International Spy Museum.

This was an interesting museum but eventually got too long and boring.

We were pretty much done for the day but stumbled across the movie theater in Chinatown and decided we should see Harry Potter tonight since we didn’t get to see the midnight showing last night. We got tickets for the 7:00 showing and went out to get a quick bite to eat before the movie started. We ate at Turtle’s Sports Bar which had pretty good food but really junky service.

The movie was good and afterwards we headed back to the metro. Unfortunately, we went to the wrong metro station twice which ended up taking us much longer than expected so by the time we got back to the bus station, our bus to the hotel had just left 7 minutes before and it was the last one. The only other bus took us to a street a few blocks from our hotel so we still had a 20 minute walk. Of course, when I got off the bus and went to cross the street, I stepped off the curb wrong and twisted my ankle (cuz that’s how I roll.) It took a few minutes but the pain subsided and we were good to go.

Funny thing about the metro ride was an old drunk guy who said to Joey and I, "Here’s a pretty couple, where are the pretty babies?" Joey and I both roll our eyes and Joey says, “That’s years down the road.” Then the guy proceeds to tell me several times that “my biological clock is ticking.”
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: