Veracruz to Home

Trip Start Feb 05, 2010
Trip End Feb 13, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Pennycroft Pangbourne
Read my review - 5/5 stars

Flag of Mexico  , Central Mexico and Gulf Coast,
Saturday, February 13, 2010

Our day began incredibly early at 4:30 a.m. to finish packing. We met in the lobby at 5:00 with all of our luggage. Cailyn was there and gave each of us our copies of the photos and dvd of the trip. 

Anna drove us to the airport. Along the way we saw alot of people passed out in various places all over Veracruz from last night's festivities.We arrived in the airport at about 5:30 a.m. and checked in. The line was long and very slow. We were once again asked to stay back because the flight was overbooked, it seems Continental has a problem with that. 

We had to wait forever for the customs agent to take our paperwork and let us through because he was wondering around the airport somewhere.Going through security is always such a joy and even more so when you don't speak the same language as the agents

The Veracruz airport uses the hand held wands to detect metal. I can go through the normal scanners fine but the metal plate in my arm sets off the wands everytime. Thankfully I remembered this from my last trip and I asked Anna how to say "metal plate" before she left. Sure enough I set off the alarm. I was able to tell him in Spanish that I had a plate in my arm and he looked at my scar and let me go. By the time we got through security we only had to wait about 10 minutes until we could board the plane.
The flight was short and uneventful and we landed in Houston with no problems. I made my way to my next gate and boarded the next plane. We sat on the tarmac forever and just as we were taking off a woman started to have a seizure so we returned to our gate to get her some medical help. All in all we lost about 40 minutes and we got on our way again. 

I landed in Philly and collected all my luggage and called the shuttles service. It took about 40 minutes for them to come for us, along time to be standing outside in the freezing weather.

When I got to the lot there was tons of snow everywhere. Philadelphia got almost 55 inches of snow while we were gone. I had to clean my car off which took awhile with no gloves or tools. Someone had hit my bumpers while I was gone, fantastic! 

The drive home from Philly was horrendous since it was rush hour. I was so glad to get home in one piece after that drive. I have to say I'd much rather have stayed in Mexico than return to this freezing weather.

 Things Learned on Day 9:

 1. Plata de Metal means metal plate in Spanish.
Slideshow Report as Spam

My Review Of The Place I Stayed

Loading Reviews
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: