Sydney 2

Trip Start Sep 20, 2008
Trip End Mar 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Add Comment

Flag of Australia  , New South Wales,
Saturday, January 3, 2009

On the 29th December I had to move across the other side of the city as there was no space left at the hostel. I moved to a Bed and Breakfast in Potts point not far from the Botanical Gardens. I had a room to myself which is good but It is hard to make friends as everyone keeps to themselves and there is no lounge area. On the 30th went into the city to have a look around and I met two ladies who I became friends with in Melbourne which was good. I saw them while watching an amazing street performer doing busking which is playing a Didgeriedoo, banging a drum, playing the chimes and had bells attached to his leg.
On new years eve I woke up at 9am to go and have an English Breakfast before leaving at 10am to que up at the Garden for 10.30am to enter the Gardens for new year. After standing in the cue for about 4 hours I eventually got in. While in the queue I met 6 people and ended up spending the evening with 4 of them which was a great laugh. While in the gardens I ended up bumping into the two ladies again who I met in the city the previous day.
There where two lots of firework displays one at 9am arranged so family's could watch and one at midnight. The midnight fireworks where amazing but a bit disappointing as they did not last very long. Also in the Park they did not really have any entertainment to keep you going through the day.  I ended up heading back at about 1.30pm and getting back about 2am. The next day I woke up at 1pm as I you don't get Breakfast on New Years day. Once I was prepared I went to Circular Quay and caught the ferry across to Manly which is a small town with a great beach and scenic routes. I mainly just chilled out and walked along the beach resting which was a good day. I arrived back t the B&B at 10pm. The next day I caught a bus across to Sydney and then walked back across the bridge to circular quey where I watched one of the only laddie street performers who was a contortionist. She was able to bend her body so much she could fit into a small glass box. The last couple of days I spent relaxing round the city going to the harbor and opera house. I have not seen many people I know round the city but I ended up bumping into two people who I became friends with at different locations who became friends which was bizarre. My final day I had to wait for my flight until 6pm so I spent the day sitting in Botanic Gardens and by the Opera house relaxing.
I have enjoyed my two weeks in Sydney and look forward to coming back to go to the SCG and Blue Mountains

(More photos of Sydney soon)
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: