Day 14 At Sea Bound For Sydney

Trip Start Dec 22, 2012
Trip End Jan 05, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , New South Wales,
Friday, January 4, 2013

Fine day 27 degrees.
We awoke earlier this morning and  head off to the restaurant for breakfast just after 7am.
The morning is a little overcast but by mid morning it has fined up and warmed up considerably.
We attend the ' How We Do It Show' in studio B, which has a fruit carving display and the ladies head he created was brilliant, there was also cocktail making and towel folding demonstrations.
After the show we head into the show lounge to watch the Captain, Engineer,Safety Officer and Hotel Manager talk about all things related to the ship.
We head to the restaurant  for lunch and meet Debbie and Brian there for our last lunch together. Once again the food is very nice.
After lunch we had a walk through the shops again but still nothing much had changed, still the same old things which we were not interested in buying.
We then headed back to the room so we could start packing our suitcases and making sure we didn't forget anything.
Once some of the packing was complete we headed down to the aquarium bar for the last time, to relax and enjoy the ship on the last afternoon.
Just before 4pm we left the aquarium bar and headed to the ice skating rink, so I could have a skate. I can't remember the last time I went ice skating but wanted to try it out as it is very rare to have an ice rink on a cruise ship. I wanted to leave the ice skating until the last day just in case I did fall over and break an arm or leg.
We then headed back to our room to finish our packing and to get ready for dinner for the last time.
Our last dinner was good and both our waiters, Marilou and Mr. Li were both sad to say goodbye.
We celebrated Mel & Nolie's wedding anniversary during dinner.
We also said goodbye to our new friends, the Galindo's.( Mel, Nolie, Kerl, Gizele and Kimberley)
We then headed off to the show for the last time.
It was more a Gordon show than a farewell show,the singers and dancers only performed 2 songs.
We then took a quick walk through the promenade for our last chance for any photos and it was surprising how many people were out and about. Last night for them all I guess.
We then headed off to our cabin as it was time to sleep as we knew we had to get up early.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: