A romantic dinner for one......

Trip Start Feb 26, 2010
Trip End Feb 26, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Cliffside Cottages

Flag of Philippines  , Palawan,
Friday, June 4, 2010

We had made our minds up last night that we were all snorkeled out for the moment so we would hang up our fins, masks and snorkels and get down to the really fun stuff....Andrew's dissertation.  It would be my job to proof read, edit and generally make it look and sound a lot better - all of the style and none of the substance (I await the wise cracks)!  Obviously we would need brain food in order to undertake such a task, well it was a good excuse, so we walked down to the Artcafe stopping on the way at the bakery so I coud get my daily doughnut fix.

We got to the cafe and I ordered a large tea while Andrew had a coffee and Filipino breakfast consisting of garlic rice and corned beef, it smelled delicious and tasted equally as good.  We then decided to enquire about hiring a motorbike to explore some of the deserted beaches along the coast of the main Island.  After a bit of a chat with the owner wediscovered that he didnt have any automatic bikes - the only kind we can drive and that his 'budget bikes' would not be up to the job of carrying the both of us.  He might as well have said "Get lost fatties!"  He suggested we find a couple of friends and hire a 4x4 jeep - maybe the suspension might just be able to cope then.

Regretting the doughnut and the Filipino breakfast we realised our delaying tactics werent getting us anywhere so we went back to the huts and finally started work allowing for a couple od episodes of Entourage along the way.  We were sweating buckets on the porch as there had been a 'brown out' so noone knew if or when electricity and in turn the fan would be restored.  There was also no water as the hut owners had run out as all the water has to be pumped by hand from a well in to a storage tank.  So with no fan and no shower as a means to cool down we were also kind of regretting not doing another boat trip.

Eventually power and water were resumed but not before we considered going back to the motorbike rental shop to try our chances again - we must have sweated out about 3 stones each.  We just lay on the bed as close as we could physically get to the fan breathing a huge sigh of relief.  We decided to go out for dinner to a restaurant on the beach surrounded by candles.  I took a Malaria tablet at the hut and we wandered down to the beach.  I think I underestimated how quickly they reach the stomach.  I ordered spaghetti but started to feel iffy shortly after sitting down.  As soon as it arrived Ihad no choice but to head for the loo to promptly be sick.  By the time Iemerged from the toilet Andrew had finished his pizza and started on my spaghetti.

I quickly reclaimed my knife and fork feeling much better and cleared the plate along with a bottle of water.  Poor Andrew looked like he had been stood up for a date and had begun to get some very strange looks from the extremely camp waiter.  I think I made it back from the loo just in time.
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: