I-Phone anybody?

Trip Start Feb 26, 2010
Trip End Feb 26, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
On a train (in an upright chair - painful)

Flag of China  , Shaanxi,
Monday, April 19, 2010

Somebody asked me what time it was so I scrambled around on the bedside table in search of the alarm clock, "9.45am" I replied feeling extremely knackered. Bosco and Kennedy decided that breakfast was top of their agenda so left the rest of us in the dorm.  They emerged a few minutes later to let us know that in fact it was something more like 1.15pm, the penny then suddenly dropped that I was still on Indian time.  We dragged ourselves out of bed as we were an hour an a half late for checking out...shambles.  Bosco was supposed to be doing a tour of the Great Wall today and Andrew recalled a man and then a woman coming in to the dorm to try to collect him, Bosco slept through the whole thing even after Andrew told the people "That's him there."

As planned Andrew and I decided to go to Beijing Zoo (just wish baby Ellie was a year older and a profound international traveller as she would have loved it).  We took the metro and ate a Big Mac meal on the way, criminal.  The zoo was great, we saw loads of birds, some gorgeous wrestling pandas, Bengal tiger, Brown and Black bears, Rhino, Hippo (with baby), Lion, Tiger, Elephants, Crocodile, Snakes, Giraffe, Monkeys etc.  Unfortunately we were too late for the Beijing Aquarium (we didn't realise it was so good), we absolutely adore a good aquarium it is one of our favorite P.O.I's (point of interest) whenever we go anywhere.  On the way back we stopped off at 'Electronics City' as we were interested in getting a cheap laptop for our travels (everybody seems to be travelling with one).  It was terrible, the staff jumped on you and flew at you from out of nowhere as you were walking around, we couldn't wait to get out empty handed, maybe we could get one in Hong Kong.

Back at the hostel we were glad to find the guys from the dorm so we could say goodbye. It had been fun. We took a taxi to the West Railway Station, as I opened the door to the back of the taxi I found an i-phone and instinctively just gave it to the driver thinking it was his (stupidly).  He started trying to use it but it was obvious it clearly wasn't his.  What was I thinking?  We drove the whole way to the station with the hazards on the car, odd.  The train station was absolutely huge and we boarded the train after a short wait in an equally huge waiting room.  It was going to take 13 hours to get to Xi'an in an upright seat, we got out the blow up head pillows and hoped for the best. 
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: