Trip Start Jan 26, 2008
56Trip End Sep 28, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Paulos (AFS exchange student and new mate).
Met up with Alberto one of Paulos friends and he and his other house mates where nice enough to let me stay in there huge apartment for a few nights.
Alberto is a I say fairly famous chef in the area.
1. Eating food at the Municipal market with Lulu (Paulos girlfriend), Alberto and Paulo. The black beer there was delicious.
2. Meeting Alberto (Father is German and Mother Japanese).The blue vein cheese and sausage that Alberto purchased from the market and cooked later that night. The blue vein cost 20reals about 15 dollars for a small chunk and the sausage not much less. But it was delicious melt in your mouth type stuff
3. Metro at peak hour with a backpack and missing a stop. Train after train went by that was full to the brim with people. There where more people waiting in the station. to get on which didn't even bother because the trains where so full.
4. Catching up with Paulo again.
5. Going shopping in a fancy mall where the girls had their hear done for the occasion.
6. First real camprihna I think. Went out with the boys to a bar type restaurant and received a first hand look at how the drink is made. Very strong but delicious. I couldn't finish it.
Sao Paulo is a massive city with approximate 18million in the immediate city. Including outlying suburbs 20mill