Amber and Sam's Great Adventure

Trip Start May 12, 2009
Trip End Aug 12, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , District of Columbia
Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ya!! Sammy is coming today and were going to have blast like usual. I haven't decided what to do with her today after I pick her up. It looks like we might not be able to do the monument. Advanced tickets are already sold out and I don't want to make Sam stand in line tomorrow morning.

After picking Sam up it took more than an hour to get through traffic and back to my apartment. We dropped off her stuff and then headed back down to the mall to see the capital, monument, and Lincoln. It was really humid and there were a ton of bugs. The power aparently went out at the Lincoln so we couldn't really see him.

On Thursday, I had to work, but Sam entertained herself with the zoo and a few museums. After Sam met up with Megan, Leslie, and I and we went to a farmers market. I was supposed to have an interview (long story), so Sam went through the natural history while I waited for a phone call. We got tickets for Harry Potter in IMAX around 7. I met back up with her and we walked around until the movie. There wasn't much we could do after so we headed back and I did some packing.

On Friday, I also worked. Last day!!! Sam went to Arlington Cemetery and the Pentagon. When we met up I went home to take a shower. We headed to Georgetown area after and walked the shops there. It was a really cute area and there were all the normal shops. We found a restaurant and had buffalo burgers.

No more work for me. On Saturday, we got up early and headed to Six Flags with Megan and Amara. It was alot of fun, and there wasn't really any people. We only hit lines towards the end of the day. There were some crazy rides, but fun. There was one I really didn't like though, it hurt my head.

Sunday we also slept in a little and then headed to the National Cathedral. For some reason we couldn't go up to the observation deck which was disappointing. After we headed to Eastern Market. Sam found a dress, and we also found a cute dress for Aurora. Other than that there wasn't anything else. Later we went and walked down King Street. We sat on a bench for a little bit and a creppy guy wouldn't stop talking to us. He didn't get that we weren't interested. We went to dinner with Amara after, to an Etheopian place. It was good but not my favorite.

On Monday we rented a zipcar and headed to Ocean city with Amara. We stopped at some outlets on the way and then spent 3 hours on the beach and playing in the ocean. Aseteque Island was a little nicer and less crowded, but it was still fun. There started to be a lot of bitting flies so we decided to head. We drove down the main drag of Ocean City and took a round about way back to DC. It was nice to see Maryland, we got pretty late. And we hit some really bad weather when getting into Virginia.

Tuesday, Last day in DC. Its kind of bitter sweet. We did some last minute things. Went to Lincoln because it was dark the one night. We also saw Jefferson from across the lake. We met Megan for lunch around 11, to say good bye. So sad :( Getting all our stuff to the Metro and then the bus and then the airport was an adventure in itself. We got our workout though. We had two giant suitcases, 1 medium, and 2 small, plus our carry-ons and orchids. We looked rediculous. By the time we got to the bus stop we were dripping. We made it though and got on our plane. We almost missed our layover, but made it and got into Vegas around 11. It was nice to be back in the west.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: