Mt. Tamalpias

Trip Start Jul 31, 2010
Trip End Dec 31, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Berkeley Home

Flag of United States  , California
Monday, May 31, 2010

  This is my first entry in the Travel Blog. I am going to try and write a little bit in the blog before I leave for my trip. I feel that I have not documented my time at Berkeley enough. So yesterday, I went with Yihwen, Shirphone, and Holgar up to Mt. Tamalpias. They are friends of Yihwen's and I have had the opportunity to have many dinners with them at the house. Anywho, Mt. Tam is located in Marin county and it was such a clear day yesterday. You could almost see all the way to Berkeley. I think we concluded that you could see all the way to the mormon temple.

I wore shorts expecting that it was going to be a nice day and it was. We parked near the mountain around 11:30 am and began our hike. The hike was like a scavenger hunt in a way because we had the internet directions and we had to ask some random people for directions on the way but it was all good. The directions said that it was a 7 mile hike and it was supposed to take around 4hrs. I thought I could hike it in 3hrs. So I tried to maintain a quicker pace. Thanks to California mushrooms class trametese versicolor(turkey tail), Phaeolus schweinitzii, and the (little coal) fungi was out and abundant. We crossed multiple bridges and walked through some mucky trails. It was pretty much zig- zag all the way up the mountain.

Thanks to Yihwen because I have not bought any groceries since I have been back and up in Berkeley we had egg sandwiches with cheese and basil. SO GOOD! The three of them were mentioning to me that we needed to make it to some inn where they would serve dessert. Possibly ice cream for Holgar. We made it to the inn but no ice cream was present. Continuing up the mountain we then randomly ran into some out door theater performance that was going on. Thus, walking back to the vehicle took a little longer because of the crowd. We made it down safely though.

   After that we drove to this restaurant that Holgar and Shirphone wanted to go to. I think Holgar was salivating for these "sweet potato fries" all day. They were good and I am glad we went here because I was getting a headache from not drinking enough water and my glucose levels were probably a little low.

The best part of the day was the CHOCOLATE sorbet though at ciao bella. YUM!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: