Finally made it home!

Trip Start Dec 25, 2011
Trip End Jan 06, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , New York
Saturday, January 7, 2012

It rained the next few days in Roatan eating, reading, and trying to stay dry. It rained for 3 days straight. No sun. No beach. No walking the streets without getting drenched in mud, lol. I was able to stay with Corinne and her mother Leigh for the rest of my stay. We cooked some food, read our books, and surfed on slow internet. If there were a dry patch we tried to make it out to go out for lunch or dinner. Sometimes we made and other times we were drenched. 

Thursday was my last full day and it was beautiful all day. Corinne and I looked into renting a motor bike to explore the island, however in the end we took a water taxi to West Bay to the resort side. The waters were still a bit rough so the water taxi dropped us off in "calmer waters" which were still rough! We walked along the beach passing resort after resort with some restaurants in between. Right near a restaurant called Bananarama we ended up finding an area where we wouldn't get booted off so we laid our sarongs down and fried in the sun. The beaches were 1,000 times busier than West End's and 1,000 times cleaner PLUS they didn't have ANY sand flies. It was the perfect way to end my vacation. 

On my last day we went to the local beach. I picked up a sandwich to go from a restauran to have for my flights home. I left for the airport at 12noon. Saying goodbye to Corinne and her mom Leigh. :( 

I arrived to the airport, checked in fine. Paid a $40 departure fee, and waited for my flight. I ended up flying from Roatan to the capital, Tegucugalpa which was just as small as Roatan's airport. I had a 2 hour layover and then flew to San Pedro Sula which was back in the middle of the country and then to NY. I arrived in NY at 3am and made it to work at 7am. Thankfully, I stayed at Abby's house which was closer to the both the airport and my job than me driving back to my house. I was actually able to sleep for about 1 1/2 hours before work. 

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


ab on

such pretty pics. glad to have you home!

allieadventures on

Thank you :)

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: