So many important places
Trip Start Feb 19, 2010
25Trip End Jun 06, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
finally we checked in dropped off our bags and headed out.
We went to an area called Georgetown which was very busy. Full of shops bars and restaurants.
The next day we set out to see the sights of DC. We went to the
- Pentagon - saw the 9/11 memorial
- Smithsonian air and space museum - saw a 3d movie about the Hubble telescope and space
- Capitol building - (Parliament house)
- Library of congress - we walked via an underground tunnel from the capitol building
while having a quick snack we saw a presidential motorcade go by
from our quick snack we started a SEGWAY tour of the city. so we got to cruise past the
- white house
- US Treasury home of the secret service and right next door to the white house
- the National mall - from Capitol building to the Washington monument past all the Smithsonian museums
- Fords theater - place Lincoln was shot and the building across the street where he died.
- FBI building
- navy memorial
- national archives
our last day in Washington and went back to the national archives to check out the bill of rights, declaration of independence and the US constitution.
then on to the museum of natural history and saw some cool dinosaur displays, a giant squid and the Hope diamond along with many other sparkling gems.
then through the ran we walked through the national mall to the Lincoln Memorial past the WW11 memorial.
we gave up on seeing the rest of the monuments due to bad weather and headed up to Georgetown for lunch and a shop and hot chocolate.
the next morning we left Washington DC (DC stands for district of Columbia if any was wondering) by train to NYC, the big apple.