Hello snow

Trip Start Feb 19, 2010
Trip End Jun 06, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of Canada  , British Columbia,
Thursday, March 25, 2010

we have had a busy time in Vancouver seeing all the beautiful city. After arriving we headed out to get our bearings and got some much needed washing done and early dinner at the sushi place next door to the laundromat. we then headed down to the waterfront and saw the olympic flame before heading back to Robson street (one of the main shopping streets in vancouver) were we stopped in at a bar called the keg and had a wine. we were served by an Aussie.

The next day we went on the hop on off bus and it took us to stanley park. we saw the totem poles lots of cherry blossoms and massive old trees. we hope to ride around it when we return there after skiing.

we then got back on the bus to 4th ave to look for some ski clothes but it was all a bit expensive there so only had really nice italian lunch at a cafe. back on the bus and next stop was gas town. this area is the oldest in vancouver. apparently the first pub there got built in 2 days as a guy offered the workers free whiskey for building it. that evening we headed to Metro town. this is a shopping centre with over 450 stores. we were very tired and it was huge and also had only a couple of hours there until it closed but ali managed to find a nice handbag and i got a new ski jacket. after shopping we went to Davis street for some night life and found a pub to watch the Canuks (vancouvers beloved ice hockey team) unfortunately they lost in over time in the last second of the game.

the next morning we went back to robson street for some more shopping, jeans, ski pants, shoes - i think we need a new suitcase. we then headed to the vancouver flea market. it was like on big garage sale lots of old used stuff. we then grabbed the hop on off bus again and went to Granville island. it has a great market with heaps of fresh food, baked goods and crafts. pity the weather was bad while we where there. we then caught the water taxi (little ferry) to yaletown and the bus back to our hotel. we went to a nice resturant upstairs off Robson street for dinner.

our last day we went up to grouse mountain and went across the capilano suspension bridge. it is massive and swings quite a lot but is in some very beautiful surrounds. there is also tree top walks which was beautiful. we then went up the gondola to the top of the mountain which would have been beautiful it wasn't so cloudy. we got a little snowed on while up there. on the way down we stopped at lonsdale quay market for a massage and then the seabus (big ferry) back to vancouver. that night we went to dinner at a pub on the way home from the pub i found some nice boots that i bought.

the next morning we slept in and had a late breakfast before getting our bus up to Whistler. we arrived just after 3pm. after a look afound the village we got something to eat and had a early night in preparation for today. Today we hit the mountain, SKIING. it is fantastic here the snow is great and the area is huge. it is forecast to snow later in the week but there is heaps to do here. a bit tired at the moment as skied all day. 
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: