Singapore Sling

Trip Start Jun 08, 2012
Trip End Jun 08, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
The Porcelain Hotel Singapore
Read my review - 3/5 stars

Flag of Singapore  ,
Sunday, September 2, 2012

From Melacca we got the bus to Singapore which took around 4 hours, we had to stop half way and go through border control and have our passports stamped and bags checked. When we was in Vietnam Sam bought a new knife and forgot all about it and didn't declare it. My bags went through fine and then Sam was asked to open his bag because of the knife and I was told to wait outside so I had no idea what was going on! Sam just explained what the knife was for and he was let through and we was back on our way phewww!

Our Hotel was lovely and in the perfect location, suited in China Town close to the train line and only 3 stops from all the main attractions. On the first night we arrived we went to Jason Atherton's tapas restaurant, the food and wine was so delicious, we were sat along the pass watching the chefs at work and had a really good evening.

The next day we got up and headed to Sentosa resort to have a look around and ended up going to Universal Studios, we went on all the big rides and saw all the shows it was a brilliant day! Sam was a bit skeptical at first about some of the rides but ended up being amazed and having an awesome time. That evening we went to The (very famous) Long Bar at Raffles Hotel and had a singapore sling - they were lovely. As we walked in we notices that all over the floor were monkey nut shells literally covering the whole bar floor! We then went to the casino in Marina Bay Sands and after watching people with $5,000 dollars at the table we decided to have a little gamble. We only spent about $20 but Sam ended up winning 80bucks which we quickly cashed in! A woman in front of us was collecting her winnings, one $400 ticket and one $900! The Casino was huge and security was so strict, just to have a look at the restaurants on the top floor we had to have our passports checked and then scanned on the way in and out! I think all in all we had our passports checked about 6 times!

We checked out of our hotel at 12 noon the next day but our flight to Perth wasn't until 11.30pm! We spent the day walking around taking pictures and ended up watching an Audi sponsored BMX competition which made the day fly by!

We can't believe that we have been away for almost 3 months and that our Asian adventure is over! We are so excited about going to Australia and really looking forward to the next part of our journey.

Love from
Alex & Sam
Slideshow Report as Spam

My Review Of The Place I Stayed

Loading Reviews
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: