Koh Phangan again

Trip Start Jan 04, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Thailand  ,
Monday, March 14, 2005

We left Vang Vieng and had a brief stop (3 hours) in Vientiane, the capital of Laos, before catching the nightbus to Bangkok. The nightbus was the first trip I have taken which was exactly as described when the travel agent sold it to us. It was nice qa comfy and had a TV and reclining seats so we could sleep. We arrived in Bangkok about 5am, and a couple of pubs were still open, although we refrained and booked into a reasonably cheap place and got some more sleep. We had the next day to ourselves but had an early night as we had a flight at 6am the next day, so we were up at 3:30 to catch the bus to the airport.

Arriving in Koh Samui (the bamboo airport) at about 7am, we had a few hours to wait before the ferry to Koh Phangan but we managed to get checked into Mac Bay about midday, they had saved my old bungalow for me, not realising that we wanted 2 beds, but changed it no problem. Unfortunately all the people I had hoped to see had gone to Krabi the in the morning before we arrived, maybe heard I was coming and decided to make a sharp exit.

We had a couple of days before the Black Moon Party so we spent one day mooching around Haad Rin and another doing a boat ride around the island, getting sunburnt.

The Black Moon party was similar to the Full and Half Moon parties I had been to, in that it went on until well into the morning and wa followed by an afterparty, which I failed to manage as usual. The couple in the bungalow next to us were a little older, and were quite offended when Mac asked if they would like accomodation somewhere else on the night of the party. Although we saw them going to bed about 1am, before most people had arrived, so I think they probably regretted staying. A good night was had by all and we spent most of the evening dancing and chatting to a couple fo Danish lads we had met, who were good fun. Got to bed shortly after 9am, with the music still blaring, but that didn't stop me sleeping.

A day of rest followed, and getting a messed up sleeping pattern, but the following day we sorted ourselves out and had another trip into Haad Rin, followed by dinner at Anahata, which is possibly the nicest restaurant I have ever been to. On Sundays they had an all you can eat buffet for 280 baht (about 4 pounds), which is expensive for Thailand. The food was fantastic and was stuffed our faces before heading home for an early night, as our ferry left for Koh Tao at 8:30 to do our diving course. More to follow unless I get eaten by a shark.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: