Sunny Sydney

Trip Start Feb 16, 2008
Trip End Mar 27, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of Australia  ,
Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Soooo, after a late night in Emma & Nathan's, I left for Sydney on Friday morning.  I arrived in Sydney at 1pm with gorgeous sunshine- only thing was... my case did not arrive with me!!  It was left behind in Adelaide.... think that might have been telling me something... should I have stayed in Adelaide longer...?? well I was having a brilliant time and was treated very well, but Maybelline & Sydney were waiting for me.   So after checking with baggage services, the case was to be delivered to the hostel later that evning.  Arrived at the hostel and Maybelline was perched, ready for my arrival.  So with no case to leave to the room, the only thing for it was to check out the locale and the wine.  It was just heaven, chilling out with some nice white wine and catching up with Mabs and basking in the sunshine.  Then at 6 o clock a horrendous thunderstorm spoilt the whole shebang.  Now, I am terrified of thunder and lightening and this was horrific!!!! Fork lightening, the whole works... and the rain, well remember the great flood of Omagh last year, it was ten times worse than that.  So we took an unplanned early night and the thunder storms continued most of the night

Today, we woke up to clear-ish skies and decided our first port of call had to be the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.  WOW! I think it is only when you actually see these two iconic Australian landmarks that you do actually realise that you are in Australia.  They live up to their status.  I don't have my camera at hand but will post some photos asap.  After spending some time there, we walked round to Darling Harbour and spent the afternoon dandering round.

I had arranged to meet Matt Malaghan, my long lost cousin from New Zealand for dinner tonight.  It was great to catch up with him and he informed me that it was 10 years since we had last met!  I couldn't believe it.  The three of us went for dinner in a fantastic Thai restaurant and then onto a truly authentic Aussie bar for a few beers.  We left Matt in Randwick in Bondi Beach and Mabs and I headed back into the city centre and to O'Malley's Bar for a few more before calling it a night.  More thunderstorms this evening, but not as severe as yesterday evening.  Tomorrow, if the weather is good, we are hoping to spend the day in Manly Beach and then we are booked in to do the Harbour Bridge Climb at 5pm - going up in sunshine and coming down in sunset.  Seen some of the climbers doing it today and it looks a long way up... and down.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: