Day 212: a sad, sad day

Trip Start Unknown
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Germany  , Berlin,
Monday, February 17, 2014

Today Paul left berlin to fly back home. This was by far the hardest day of the whole trip. I miss him so much already.

We have had such a great time together and as much as I am happy for him, I am also so sad to see him go.

We didn't get much sleep as Paul was being Paul and packing his bag again and making sure it was the correct weight. We ended up going to sleep at about 12:30 and had to get up at 2am to catch 4 busses to the airport.

It was an emotional night and we were both regretting this decision, see how it goes I suppose.

We had a little trouble finding the correct busses as there were no trains. We were lucky enough to find a lady and another guy who helped us out, and we made it to the airport with loads of time to spare. We ate breakfast together and then Paul checked in. His bag was exactly 30kgs and his hand luggage just over 7kgs. He might need a trolley when he gets home.

Saying goodbye was hard. I watched him go through the baggage checking area and then called him and we chatted until he boarded just after 6am. I was on the bus home by this time.

We spoke again when he got to Milan. He had to wait there for 4 hours until he connecting flight to Hong Kong and then Sydney.

We were both pretty upset and think it's a stupid idea that we are leaving one another. We make a really good team, and after spending 7 months travelling with someone, and almost three years together, it's hard to say goodbye. Especially seeings we are not too sure when we will see each other again. Hopefully no longer than 4 months.

I slept for a little while and then spent the rest of the day moping around listening to sad music and packing my things for India. It will be fine in a couple of days when I am on my way to chennai. It's just hard right now because I keep expecting Paul to walk out of the bathroom or come back from the shops or something like that. It's a bit lonely here and travelling is definitely not going to be the same without him. I already miss him like crazy.

I made a curry with some left over vegetables and packed more things until the evening came and I was able to chat to Paul again via Facebook when he arrived in Hong Kong. It was a long trek for him. We chatted for about an hour until he boarded at 1:30am my time and then I went to bed.

My last night in our lovely little flat in Friedrichsfelde Berlin!
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: