Touring life

Trip Start Feb 03, 2008
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Utah
Monday, August 11, 2008

Ooooh, just experienced my first hotel with turn-down service!  Came back up to the room and soft music was playing, the blinds were drawn, bedside light on, covers turned down and best of all, a delicious chocolate mint was on the pillow!!  We're at the Hotel Monaco and it's so darling.  I must admit, it did evoke the romantic side of me when I walked in.  I found myself wishing I was going to enjoy my stay there with a handsome guy.  Hehe.  It's true. :)

I started this entry earlier so it reverts back a bit here...

Finishing up an 11-hour ride on the tour bus - from San Diego to Salt Lake City.  I could've crashed early last night from exhaustion but it was a good chance to chill and drink with the crew.  I still beat half of them to bed at 3 a.m.

Glad to have a day off.  It's a Sunday in SLC but that may be best so I do just simply rest.  I'm definitely in my element with this role but it can still be very exhausting.  And the constant buzz of people can be a bit much at times...especially considering how much time I've gotten used to spending on my own.

I currently have a Jesse song running through my head.   It's getting a little irritating because I just know snippets of it and they are on constant replay.

Sleeping on the tour bus.  Found my groove last night/this morning!  First night was a bit rough - this bus is a little older than my last one and you can feel it in the creaking.  Plus there are larger gaps between the beds so you hear the people snoring below you!! :(   And the first night, turns out our air wasn't on for the driver side beds so I woke up sweating an hour or two after laying down - yuck.  Night two resulted in a couple of bumps on the head as I must've kept forgetting that I was sleeping in a 7x2x2ft space!

San Diego was gorgeous, of course, and then the venue was a fantastic 1,200-seater on the marina.   I took a walk along the bay when I rolled of the bus in the morning.  Our production office was a hotel room - torturously across from a pool!  I was able to sneak in a swim, though, at the end of the night, so I can't complain too much. :)
And I saw Jordin on stage for the first time last night and I probably should have looked at a few more pictures of her online because I've passed her at least a dozen times backstage and did not know it was her!!  She just looks SO young!  Jesse, too, for that matter.  I'm definitely 30!!

And back to this evening.  I had an enjoyable dinner and another drink afterward with some of the crew.  And once again didn't pay for anything.  The generosity is overwhelming (and expense accounts sure as heck don't hurt either).  I'm really excited about being home in Denver.  In our conversation earlier, my sister even noted how much I love the city and my friends.  I get to celebrate Dawn's birthday with several really good friends and enjoy sushi, spend some time with my brother, work with my fabulous Rocky Mountain AEG colleagues....maybe even see a certain sexy personal trainer that I met shortly before leaving for the tour. ;)

Alright, I'm going to relax in this fabulous king size bed, listen to some nice music and dream some sweet rock-n-roll touring dreams.

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: