February 2009 - Disney World

Trip Start Feb 13, 2009
Trip End Feb 15, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Florida
Monday, February 16, 2009

I received an invite from Michelle who was trying to organize a group outing to Disney World this weekend (February 14 and 15). Originally I had declined, but then I heard from her and her cousin Sally a day before their planned departure and since I had nothing planned for this weekend I agreed to join them. Disney was offering a special Florida residents two day pass for $99, and for an additional $20 I got the "Hopper" feature included, which allowed me to visit the parks of my choosing. It was a good deal.

So I left the house around 2:30pm on Friday and made my way North. I decided to take Krome to US27 rather than taking the Turnpike. I was in no hurry to get to Orlando (http://www.orlandoinfo.com/) so I took in the sights and decided to make a stop here, make a stop there, got pulled over in South Bay (http://www.southbaycity.com/Public_Documents/index), and made a stop at this other place....  Oh crap ..... I let the cat out of the bag .... yeah, I got pulled over  :o(  and got me a speeding ticket - dang !  I admit I was speeding and the cop gave me a break (a 22 mph break) so it ended up not being so painfull. Funny story though, after I arrived in Orlando I reviewed the ticket in detail and found that the cop screwed up in filling out the ticket. She wrote that the "Posted Speed Limit" was 54 mph, and that my "Actual Speed" was 45mph. So you would think that I could argue my way out of this one, but it turns out that is not the case because the cop is given the opportunity to correct their mistake. Dang !!!!

I continued my voyage to Orlando and made it there right at 7pm. I stayed at the Radisson Resort Orlando (http://www.radisson.com/kissimmeefl). That same night I went out for dinner with Michelle, Sally and Peter. We went to Downtown Disney (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/downtown-disney/) and ended up at Bongo's ( http://www.bongoscubancafe.com/www/); go figure.

Saturday morning we started the day at Epcot (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/) at 8am and hit the entire park. We enjoyed Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, The Land Pavillion, Living with the Land, Soarin', Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Journey into Imagination, Mission Space (green and orange rides), Test Track, American Adventure, Gran Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom, Wonders of China, and Japan. We had lunch in Germany (all the weiner shnitzel, knockwurst and German beer you can take in); loved it !!! We left Epcot around 6pm and proceeded directly to the Magic Kingdom. There we sped through the park and enjoyed Pirates of Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain, The Laugh Floor Comedy Club (awesome / hilarious - loved it), Stitch's Great Escape (boo), and the fireworks show (awesome). We ended the day at 11:30pm. During the early morning hours there was lite traffic, but towards 11am the place got really crowded. The worst part of the day was when we had to stand in line for almost one hour to get on the Big Thunder Mountain ride, and although the minute long ride itself was great I can't say that the wait was worth it.

Sunday morning Sally and Peter departed back to Miami with their kids and Michelle and I went to Dinsey's Animal Kingdom (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/animal-kingdom/). We thought the park opened at 8am, but it actually opened at 9am. We were fortunate however to find out that you can have breakfast in the park at the Tusker House (http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=185). So for $19.99 you get an all you can eat breakfast buffet and you get into the park an hour earlier than general admission. To top it off we got visited by Mickey Mouse, and Donald and Daisy Duck. It was nice and worthwhile. Following breakfast we took in the park and enjoyed Dinosaur (way too loud - u can go deaf in there), Expedition Everest (really good), It's Tough to be a Bug (always funny), Kali River Rapids (awesome - best of the day - I got soaked), Kilimanjaro Safari, Maharajah Jungle Trek (got to see two Bengal tigers up close), and the Tree of Life. We departed the park around noon, but not before we had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe (http://www.rainforestcafe.com/).

I then decided to head back home, and Michelle went to Hollywood Studios (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/hollywood-studios/); formerly known as MGM Studios. I took the Turnpike back home and decided to stop in and visit mom and dad in Boynton Beach before ending the day back at home around 6pm.

My apologies to Maureen, Armand Jean, and Cynthia for not having the time to stop in and say hello. There is always next time; that's a promise.

Well that sums up this outing. Until next time  :o)

The roads I travelled:
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: