A week at the beach house - what a life!

Trip Start Dec 26, 2004
Trip End Jan 29, 2005

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Peru  ,
Tuesday, January 4, 2005

So my first week in Peru is over! I canīt believe how quickly itīs passed by.

The day after our hectic arrival in Lima, we had a quick breakfast then packed our belogings and off we went to my auntīs beach house an hour away from Lima in a beach town called CAYMA. Iīm still having problems connecting to my auntīs computer to download my photos (damn win98!!) so hopefully at the hotels weīll be staying at it wonīt be as complicated or they will have xp installed.

I swear, Phil and I have decided that we will work really hard over these next few years and then when the time is right, invest in some property somewhere warm and build a beach house. The lifestyle is soooo laid back itīs not even funny! Basically all I did while I was in Cayma was, get up at around 8a-9am, have breakfast served by the maids (I love it!) change into my bathing suit, head down to the beach, come back to the house for a late lunch (give or take 3-4pm) then hang out by the pool until sundown, walk by the beach with Phil at sundown to see the sunset, drink a few beers (which btw are disgustingly cheap! about 50 cents CAD per beer itīs unbelievable how cheap Peru is lately!!) then hng out with family and eventually have dinner around 10pm! I love this eating late thing. And of course head to bed fairly early to hbegin the next day doing the exact same thing! Oh and I almost forgot, we take a siesta in the afternoon after lunch too!! Everyone does around here. Wow what a hard life!

My NYE started off great but finished fairly early as I got sick from the food and ended up with indigestion and vomitting everywhere so I went to bed at 2am. But Phil had the time of his life, he didnīt get home until 730am. Which supposedly is a normal time to get home from a NYE party. Our night started at my cousinīs boyfriendīs beach house in the neighbouring beach area, lots of ppl were having champagne and asking us lots of questions about Canada especially for Phil the gringo LOL. They were all impressed with his spanish skills and how outgoing he is. Christine youīll have to practice with Phil now haha. After a few hours of hanging out at his house, we all drove over to another beach area close by and hung out at one of my cousinīs other friends house. Supposedly this is where eveyrone goes before heading to whatever NYE party they are going. This is the official pre party place. WHat a place too!! I swear the whole beach area was all mansion beach houses. 3 floors and the third floor was the roof, it was a huge patio with a built in fireplace and bar and great sound system with a pool on the roof too!!! imagine that! Everyone drinking and having a good time. I noticed that everyone around here drinks very little beer unless itīs with lunch or in the mid afternoon. Kids our age usually drink whiskey or scotch on the rocks! itīs sick!!! I donīt know how they do it. Everyone had their own bottle of jack danielīs. I canīt even smell that stuff and I feel sick. After that party we headed to this club called CAFE DEL MAR which was the hippest club on the beach area. It cost us 40$ US each to get in and the bar was very very poshy. 2 rooms, first room had salsa, merengue,cha cha style music and the other one was house & trance. I had already started feeling sick so I wasnīt drinking anymore but Phil decided to buy my cousin and her bf a round of tequila shots, what a bad move! supposedly ppl around here donīt do shots and half of them donīt even know what they are! so that got pretty interesting. Especially trying to explain to the bartender.

They drove me home at around 2am i just couldnīt handle it anymore which is too bad. But like I said, Phil stuck around partying till 730am. Poor guy was out of commission pretty much all the next day.

After NYE, we went back to our regular laid back lifestyle of beach lounging. We left the beach house on the 3rd and now weīre back in Lima and Iīm about to go pack my suitcase to embark on our 2 week tour of the south of Peru. Should be a good time! They pick us up at noon and weīll be heading to Nazca first. We wonīt around there until 8-ish though, itīs a long bus ride about 7 hours, and you all know how much I adore long car or bus rides!!!

Tomorrow they are taking us in a small plane to see the Nazca lines. Canīt wait!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: