Rainbow Ranch Lodge
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Free parking
- Kids activities or Babysitting
Photos of Rainbow Ranch Lodge
Historical Traveler Reviews Rainbow Ranch Lodge Gallatin Gateway
Mixed Feelings About Hotel
I'll admit I have some mixed feelings about this property. These center mainly around value for price paid, because the property itself is very, very nice. Room rate was $285.00/night. Maybe I'll just list pros and cons:
1. The location is wonderful. Not in Big Sky, but 5 minutes south. Makes you feel like you're almost in middle of nowhere, although main road passes in front of hotel.
2. Very nice, very comfortable rooms. Bed was great. Nice fireplace. Sitting area. Desk.
3. Great restaurant. See my review under the Rainbow Ranch dining.
4. Very relaxing lounge area. We had coffee there one evening, served by Nate, and didn't want to leave. It was just so comfortable.
5. Room looks out on Gallatin River. Very nice.
1. At this rate, you'd expect staff member to escort you to room. We were just given key and told to drive around. No offer to help with luggage, etc. I tend to like the personal touch.
2. Also, I would have expected staff member who checked us in to familiarize us a bit with activity options. No, they just sat behind a desk, didn't even get up to complete any part of interaction. Sometimes individuals in jobs like this show you around main lodge, give orientation tour. Not here.
3. Another value thing - at this rate, you might not expect to be charged for phone calls, even toll-free numbers. Not so at Rainbow Ranch.
4. Hotel only provides muffin and coffee for breakfast. I expect a property of this quality to provide more options. We went across street every morning to Corral Restaurant, a great option.
5. We were perplexed by heating system. There was thermostat which we attempted to adjust, but couldn't get room warm. I called front desk and asked where heat came from, meaning should I find outlet to tell if heat was even on OR should I just use fireplace as primary heat. Person told me they find out and call us back. They did call us back, but didn't have an answer, telling us that they couldn't find anyone to help them. The person at front desk then said, "Does it really matter?". Well, if I called, I think it matters.
6. Small decks that overlook river are very, very close to deck of next room, like about 4 feet away. Luckily, no one was on adjacent deck during our stay. Had they been, it would have been like we were all sitting together.
I'm rating this property as "above average" because it truly is a good lodging option. With a few minor service enhancements, they could make it just wonderful! Maybe I was there at an "off" time. I would probably return to Rainbow Ranch if in the area and just know the pros and cons of the stay.
My husband and I spent three days at the Rainbow Ranch at the end of July. The rooms are large and very well maintained. The porch overlooking the river is wonderful. We were able to go horseback riding right from the ranch. The restaurant is very good, but we ate most meals right across the street at a local restaurant. We especially liked the location of this hotel, as we could visit the Big Sky resort which is 10 minutes away or travel to Yellowstone 45 minutes away. The mountain location is both beautiful and quiet. I would highly recommend this lodge.
Big Sky Country at its best!
We visit Montana regularly and have stayed at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge on several different occasions, both during the winter and summer seasons. Everything about the facility is extraordinary. The elegant western ambiance, well appointed rooms, world class gourmet restaurant, the scenic views of the mountains and the Gallatin River, and the unparalleled service and attention to detail by the staff truly makes the Rainbow Ranch a gem of the west. The Rainbow Ranch is without question a five star facility.
Retreat to a paradise in the mountains
I have never been to a place more beautiful, serene, or relaxing in my travelling experiences. It does not matter if a person visits in the summer or winter, there is definitely no place like it.
Best Vacation Ever
My experience at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge was unlike any other I have had. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious, and the food was outstanding. The best part, however, was the service. Eveyone there did their part to make sure my every desire was met. Thank You, for a wonderful experience.
It's The People!
While the beauty of RR is breath taking, it's the service that really sets this little gem apart from the rest of the field.
Both summer and winter, my stays there have been spectacular!
Staying at the Rainbow Ranch can be anything you want a vacation to be.
I've stayed there in both the winter and the summer seasons and left satisfied that my week away from home could not have been any better.
The friendly staff arranged several activities for me including dogsledding, white water rafting and horseback riding. They also provided transportation to and from the ski resort. After a busy day, the accomodations at the RR invited me to curl up in front of the stone fireplace in my room or relax on my deck enjoying the Gallatin River...
and the hot tub is perfect after a long day of skiing!!! I especially enjoyed exploring nearby Yellowstone National Park, but was glad to return to my comfortable room at the end of the day. The restaurant can be described in one word... impeccable. From the attentive waitstaff to the gourmet meals and extensive wine list... from the outstanding view to the western decor, everything was perfect. I would recommend the Rainbow Ranch to any and all types of travelers.
Fantastic Vacation Resort
Our stay at the Rainbow Ranch was one we will never forget. The setting is just incredible, beautiful mountains and the famous Gallatin River.
Our room was very spacious and comfortable with a fireplace and relaxing private deck. Drinks in the lounge with the huge stone fireplace and gourmet meals in the five star dining room are just an experience beyond words. The wine cellar is something to behold and the staff will make you feel at home from the first minute you arrive until you leave. We hope to go back soon, don't miss this one!
The Rainbow Ranch is the most incredible vacation I have ever experienced. The beauty of the area and the lodge are beyond words. If you are looking for a truly relaxing vacation where you can hear the Gallatin River flowing and enjoy being nestled away in the spectacular mountains surrounding the lodge, the Rainbow Ranch is the place. The staff, restaurant and rooms are all wonderful. What a treat to have a glass a wine with the rock fireplace crackling in the background, while getting ready to dine in the fabulous 5 star restaurant right in the lodge and don't forget to check out the wine cellar.
We stayed at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge in Big Sky, MT for five nights. The accomodations were very attractive but not spacious enough. The setting was gorgeous on the Galatin River, but our "private" deck was not private or comfortable. The restaurant featured delicious gourmet meals. The staff at the lodge was friendly and helpful, so the service was great....But overall, the accomodations were definitely overpriced, and because of this we would never stay there again!
TripAdvisor Reviews Rainbow Ranch Lodge Gallatin Gateway
Travel Blogs from Gallatin Gateway
Today we awoke to the sound and sight of the Gallatin River right outside our room. We had breakfast on the Rainbow Ranch deck overlooking the beautiful property and the mountains across the Gallatin River. Then we explored the Rainbow Ranch property and allowed the fresh air and scenic beauty to wash over us. We had all day to relax and enjoy our …
Dad, Mom, Ava and I (Maeve) woke up bright and early in the morning to start our journey toward Mount Rushmore for a morning visit prior to our drive to Big Sky Montana. After a nice breakfast at the hotel, we headed out around 7:30 in the morning for a one hour drive to Mount Rushmore. The drive through the Black Hills to get there was absolutely …
... I stared back, dumbfounded and afraid to move for fear of spooking her. After what seemed like 5 minutes but probably only seconds, I said softly "good morning". She tilted her head as if to say, "same to you". I slowly lifted my phone and took a couple of pictures. And that was it, off she meandered up the hill in search of a better breakfast elsewhere.
Three times huge volcanic eruptions have occurred in Yellowstone, each hundreds ...
... certain that we could see "their house" at every turn up in the mountains.
Worth the ride. Gardiner MT is just incredible. Lots to do...
Rafting trip on the Yellowstone today. Pics to follow. It's a hike up Tom Miner tomorrow and then Chico Ranch in the afternoon. Wednesday a.m. we head down to Madison Camp in Yellowstone. Kids are having a blast. Jack and Sam want to come out to "just Gardiner next year, for two years Dad. OK?"
Today as we were driving back from, as you will see in Emma's post, devils tower, we saw about 10 little prairie dogs. We stop and almost ran out of the car. We walked carefully down the path. We got at least 10 or 11 photographs. Or at least I did. Back in the car we talked about all of the history of our ancestors and deadwood. That was really interesting. - ...