Beaumont Hotel & Spa
Travel Blogs from Ouray
... looking out at this scene filling our windows, I had an inspiration for the RV industry. It's the merging of two current technologies.
- "LED" windows in houses can be turned opaque by flipping a switch. They’re used in certain bathroom situations.
- My brother Steve’s Mustang dashboard lighting can display thousands of colors of your choice. ...
... it's integrity needed to be tested. Although rather sketchy, it was a blast shooting straight up the steep gorge just north of Box Canyon. We ran into Chad (FROM PITTSBORO, NC) and Friend Betsy on the climb up. Pistachios and Mangos at the high meadow and we continued on down towards the falling stream that carved its way toward Box Canyon. While taking a break next to some small meandering falls, I tried to close my eyes and pick out the sound of each rapid. The separate ...
Ouray is the strangest place! It's tagline is "the Switzerland of America" and they weren't lying! The scenery is described as "alpine" by the locals because it does have an Alpsy feel to it, and the mountains surrounding the town made you think that it was in Southern Europe! Ouray was our quiet day where we didn't really do much, so we spent it (window) shopping! Quite how we managed to make the high street take 5 hours to ...
... flowers, as is the rest of the hotel. My favorite - as well as my grandma's favorite - were the White Columbines, but they were all beautiful.
When we first went outside, the sun was still behind the mountains, so the whole valley holding the town was shaded. However, as we ate, the sun rose higher, first lighting up the mountain peaks across the valley, and then slowly lighting up the rest of the valley. As we looked up at ...
... the wheel and pulling over to let people pass was my style.
2) We may be a good cure for SW Colorado's drought since the rain followed us all the way down the mountain.
3) Flexibility is important on a vacation, especially one this long. We are pretty good at making the best of what comes our way.
4) Someday I want to get up to Ouray to enjoy the day I had planned for today. I'll skip the monsoon season when I do come ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Continental Breakfast
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Business Services
- Wheelchair accessibility