Travel Blogs from Waco
- Visited my first Texas college today
- Baylor University is such a wonderful school
- The college was founded in 1841
- The campus is absolutely beautiful
- Their mascot is the bears and their school colors remind me of the University of Oregon's
- I can't wait to visit another Texas school! ...
... The girls all fell asleep and Tad and I enjoyed the quiet drive. We checked into the Waco Hilton, right across the street from Baylor, dropped our stuff in the room and hit the restaurant. In the lobby area, a big group of parents and boys in baseball caps were watching a replay of a Little league playoff game. The food was great and we were back in the room and in bed by 11:30, 9:30 our time. Good night's sleep and Austin ...
- Stayed in Waco, Texas for a night
- the next morning on my way to my grandparents house I visited the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
- also checked out the Dr Pepper Museum
- paid a visit to the American Indian Cultural Center as well
- spent $103.06 on gas getting to Waco
... to hide from the heat in a Dairy Queen... The food was ok, but nothing special. The next shop we tried was a success and we managed to get stocked up for the next few days. By the time we reached our camp site for the night the wind had really set in and putting up the tents was a struggle and a half!bed went for a quick dip in the pool before the cooking group starting prepare dinner. The wind did not make it easy for them! Meanwhile myself, Alex, Alice, Ollie ...
... the Rock Tower, we found a few more scenic sites, including a cave where a bird was patiently guarding her nest. Less patient, however, was an as of yet unidentified animal, who made a terrible noise when I stepped too close to wherever it was. Much discussion has ensued over the past few weeks as to sort of animal could emit such a sound, but perhaps we'll never know.
Hopefully we'll be able to get a few more out-of-town excursions documented before the long haul next ...