Trying to be a Residence Inn A review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
We stayed the weekend at the hotel. Dec. 17-19, 2004
We are regular guests of the Residence Inn - Anchorage and are used to the quiet spacious rooms and rustic feel.
This hotel is new and fairly nice. It is missing some of the attributes I would expect from a Hilton product. My review:
1) The rooms are a bit cramped. We stayed in a suite (Not a 1 bedroom) The room had a couch, chair, coffee table, desk, and small kitchenette squeezed into a mid-sized hotel room. I think they could have left a bit out to make the rooms feel more spacious.
2) Saturday morning maids knocked on the door at 8:00am. The room walls are so poorly insulated that we heard everything going on in the hallway. The maids talking, the people entering the room across the hall, everything!! Residence Inn staggers the room doors so they aren't across from each other which really would help at this hotel.
3) Hallways are very narrow. Water running, showers, and toilet operation of floor above made a great deal of noise in our room. Everytime someone flushed a toilet in the room above us you could hear it in the room.
4) Non-Existant parking
5) Very fast Internet
6) Pretty Inexpensive ($79.00 winter- I made reservations online for the rate and fortunately noted that the service agent at the hotel was going to charge me $89.00)
7) Convenient Location- East side borders a treed area.
Overall the hotel is nice. No more, no less. It seemed like a cheap knock-off of Residence Inn.
Don't get me wrong, Residence Inn isn't perfect either, but my wife and I kept remarking to ourselves how similar they were to each other.
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations