Smoker's and Noise Lover's Paradise A review of Hyatt Regency Greenville

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Greenville last weekend. Our non-smoking room was so full of cigarette smoke, that I thought the hotel was on fire. This hotel just does not get the meaning of non-smoking. They put either an ashtray or a card saying non-smoking in the room, depending upon what the guest of the day requests. There was so much smoke coming under the door from the room next to us, that we had to stuff towels around the door to try and block some of it out. The hallway of our non-smoking room was full of cigarette smoke and cigarette butts.

In addition, the hotel was extremely noisy. We could hear every word of every conversation in the rooms on both sides of us. There was much noise in the hallway all night long. The walls are paper thin.

Also, this is not a hotel for people with allergies. I was so allergic to something in our room, that I woke up with my eyes swollen shut. (I am allergic to dust, mold, and pet dander). Room was not especially clean. Stains on the bedspread and carpet and picture corner peeling out of its frame.

The hotel is very conveniently located. Easy walking distance to shops and many places to eat. However, it is overall too smokey, loud, and dirty for my tastes and I will not stay there again.

Reviewed by
Hyatt Regency Greenville
90 reviews