Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.... A review of Menzies Strathallan, Birmingham
I stayed in an Executive Double Suite on Wednesday night and cannot stress strongly enough how poor this hotel is. For £120 a night it is an absolute disgrace. Avoid at all costs!
A brief list of the issues encountered:
- Check-in staff can barely speak English and kind of 'grunt' at you
- Room was spacious but decor very tatty... 1980's
- Mattress on bed was U-shaped, worn out and the most uncomfortable I've ever encountered
- Fridge / Mini bar has been ripped out... literally
- Televison.... terestial TV only. Shy or Movies - forget it
- Bathroom.... shower head dribbled at best, nice chocolate brown decor
- Breakfast (included in £120) - barely edible... buffet reminded me of school canteen. Coffee - I'd suggest you skip that beverage.
Most amusing feature... the poster in reception which describes the Thistle Edgbaston as 'Birmingham's premier wedding location' They have to be joking!
Final insult.... being charged you an additional £3.50 to use the car park.
A serious overhaul / demolition required.