Old and dirty truckstop A review of Econo Lodge
My husband and I stayed at the Ramada Limited this past weekend as part of a bus trip to a football game in Buffalo. I did check it out on TripAdvisor prior to travelling, but we had no choice as it was included in the price of the trip. I figured for one night, how bad could it be?
Although the staff we very friendly and helpful, the motel itself was really bad. Walking from the lobby to our room, we saw in the hallway a toilet brush lying on the floor. The walls in our room were stained with black scuff marks, there was an inch of dust everywhere from the chairs to the TV console. The sheets had cigarette burns in them and the blankets looked at least 10-20 years old. The beds were as hard as boxsprings as described in the other posted review. The bathroom had old fixtures, i am guessing from the 60's or 70's and there were blobs of plaster and grout everywhere from an obvious very quick fix repair job. The bathroom door had swipes of paint across it, making it look like a mark or stain was covered. When the bathroom steamed up from the shower running, it was obvious to see from the swipe marks that the mirror had only been cleaned in the area just above the sink, the rest was untouched. There were arrows marked in pencil on the tile in the shower, i assume left over from some repairs.
We saw the pool from outside the building and it looked very small and not appealing. Driving up to the place, the drapes in the windows look shabby and old. One of our drapes was missing the rod to open and close it and it had to be dragged across by hand.
We took advantage of the free airport shuttle in order to get a rental car. The ride to the airport was fine, but the ride back was scary, the driver was speeding the whole way and we were tossed back and forth across the van as he took corners. We did not risk eating there, and instead of the free continental breakfast we walked to the Cracker Barrell restaurant next door.
The staff were extremely pleasant, but it did not outweigh the fact that the motel is dirty and old. I would never stay here again.