GREAT hotel!!! Great little cheap getaway. A review of Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
I just stayed at the hotel President's Day weekend 2005.
- Check in - was a breeze. I booked my room on an online travel site for 2 nights, non smoking, and when i called to confirm the booking with the actual hotel, they only had me down for 1 night, cmoking. After some extensive chatting with the manager, it was fixed over the phone. At check in, I told the concierge what happened, and she called the RAIN nightclub and arranged front of the line list service, so my friend and I didn't have to wait in the long line for even 1 minute. Now that's good service.
- Room - 'WOW' is what we said the moment we walked in. The double queen bedded room was very large with SOOO much storage and the bathroom was HUGE and gorgeous. Everything is brand new and very clean and modern. There is a 27" flat screen on the wall!! There is a huge window seat area to look outside. There is a gorgeous chinese inspired screen between the bathroom wall and bedroom, so its very unique and adds to the ambience.
- Pool area - WOW once again. It rained all weekend so nobody swam, but the pool area is huge and there is a slide and bars and cabanas. It is very much like a resort pool in Vegas.
- Nightlife - RAIN club on Saturday was very fun and very packed with a line out the door. Great music, strong enough drinks and great vibe. SPACEBAR was pretty cool on Sunday. Rain is closed on Sunday so Spacebar and the Mystique bar are the only things open on site. It had great music and a very "Jetsons" type of feel to it. Very cool, but not even close to as packed as Rain was.
- Food - Onsite, they have a buffet restaurant, Steak restaurant (N9NE), Italian restaurant (Belly), and food court with fast food (Fatburger,Panda Express, Hot Dog stand, Pizza Stand, Haagen Daaz). We ate at the buffet for $20 all you can eat, and it was pretty good...not great but good. LOTS of variety, so everyone has to find something that they like and the desert delection is ridiculously ample!
- Casino - I'm not a gambler, but it was a decent size and had all of the same games that Vegas casinos have.
- Dayspa - I tried to book a massage, but they were all booked up for 50 min massages. They had 25 minute massage left only, which were $75 or so (Too much). The massages are a bit expensive, but probably typical of a hotel spa. The average 50 minute massage was $100- 110.
Basically, this is a great place to come for no more than 2-3 days, because there is NOTHING surrounding the casino except the Cabazon outlets and a Coco's diner, so there isn't too much to do here for longer than that. It's very bare. BUT, as far as the hotel goes, its brand new and great!! I can't wait to go back when I can actually utilize the pool.
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations