Good value at Chez Pierre A review of Chez Pierre Bahamas
I read a an excellent review about Chez Pierre, as well as a poor review, so I decided to try it out.
From the three places I stayed, I found this place to be the best value on Long Island; however, it might not be for everyone because it is NOT plush.
Here are the things I liked best, as well as some things to consider:
Things I liked best: 1. BEAUTIFUL beach!!! You sleep in a bungalow that is right on the beach and it is wonderful.
There is no place with a beach where you get closer and get to hear the quiet lapping of the shore like this.
2. GREAT food!!! Pierre is a very good cook and they include dinner and breakfast with the rate of the room! My dinner started with a nice mixed green salad with fresh tomato and a vinagrette dressing. The main course was grilled grouper with a side of pasta, fresh rolls, etc. Dinner was very tasty and a good portion. I chose a nice red wine (with Anne's help) and it was a fine meal...did I mention that it was included with the price of the stay!
The following morning, they were cooking french toast, omlettes, eggs, etc. I chose an omlette and this was complimented with toast, fresh grapes, orange juice, coffee, etc.
Again, this was included in the rate of the room.
3. The rate was $99 for my stay and it would have been less if I stayed for 3 days or more. This was by far the best value that I found...hands down.
4. They arranged a rental car for me from a local Bahamian at a very competitive rate. This was also an excellent value...much better than I found anywhere else.
5. I liked the family that ran the place. It is a husband and wife, with 2 children, a dog, some cats, etc. This is a small family business and I liked the atmosphere.
Things that might not be a fit for you: 1. The water comes from a well that has a sulphur smell. I did not mind much; however, it is not for everyone.
2. There is no air conditioning. In my opinion, air conditioning was not needed due to fine breezes at night; however, it meant that I needed to shave with a razor and foam the next morning (rather than an electric) because it is a bit muggy sometimes.
3. Not highly private...but, certainly private enough for me. You're getting to hear nature...which means that you get to hear nature!
4. If you don't like little kids, it is not for you. This is a family business and they work hard to make you feel at home...including a small child waving at you here and there!
So...overall, I found it to be a great experience. I would definitely go back for dinner and I would likely stay again if I'm down at Long Island.
NOTE: I liked all of the places that I stayed, but, this provided the most for the buck.