Good value, a few problems A review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington / Airport / Mall of America
I just came back from a four day stay at the Hospitality Inn and Suites. I picked this hotel because it offered the best value of all the hotels close to Mall of America. This place has gotten mixed reviews here on TripAdvisor, I have mixed feelings about it myself so I will lay out a pro/con list.
1. Very nice and well equipped rooms for the price.
2. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The shuttle service was very good, reliable and flexible (in a good way).
3. Free wireless internet, worked flawlessly for me.
4. Location. Very close to Mall of America. Wouldn't recommend walking, but the drive is about 2-3 minutes, depending on where you park. Useful tip: There is a shortcut (i.e. shorter than the obvious route) for driving to the mall from the hotel, ask the shuttle driver about this.
1. The fire alarm went off at 3am our first night and we had to evacuate the room for a few minutes. I'm pretty sure there was an actual problem (not just a malfunction in the alarm system) and to be fair this could have happened at any hotel, many hotels in this area have in room microwaves for instance which can cause problems like this. However, we could have done without this.
2. The lobby area is a little bit on the shabby side, there is a strange odor there which may or may not have something to do with the indoor pool. As I said earlier however, the rooms were good.
3. They don't have an actual luggage room. They were friendly when we asked them to store some luggage for us and helped us out, but I thought this was supposed to be a standard feature of any hotel.
Overall, the pros outweigh the cons in my mind, we had a mostly pleasant stay there. If the fire alarm incident hadn't happened I would rate this hotel above average, although I admit this may not be fair.
For those looking for good value in the MOA area, this hotel is worth considering.
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations