Expected better A review of Courtyard By Marriott Brussels
The atmosphere of this hotel is very luxurious, it almost looks and feels like a 5-star hotel at first sight.
But with such an atmosphere my expectations were very high and I was disappointed in quite some things:
- I almost got stuck in the elevator because of the techno-stuff: you have to put in your key-card to get the elevator moving and it is not simple to get it working!
- It was very warm and humid in my room and it smelled like it was a 'smoking' -room. I assumed when not asked ' non-smoking' was standard nowadays.
- I wanted to open the window to get some fresh air: again problems: was it stuck? Did I have to use the keycard as well to open the window?? (and maybe also when going to the bathroom??). It turned out (after I called the receptiondesk) the window was broken and had not been repaired. Not good. Not even a little notice somewhere that it could not be openend.
- No minibar?? Huh? There was an empty fridge present but customers were advised to buy things themselves in the shop downstairs. It was 01.00am already - I didnt want to go downstairs! I just wanted a drink!
- Breakfast: The very friendly waiter almost spilled a can of coffee over my suit (almost - I got away with no stains - but it was kind of sloppy and he did not clean my table properly).
The thing is: I think that in a 2-star hotel I would have had less of a problem with it, but in such a setting I just expect differently.
I will be staying here again within a few weeks - I hope the hotel will prove themselves as a good 4-star hotel now.