Decent but not Great A review of Radisson White Sands Resort Goa
The Radisson is a decent hotel, but they could do a lot to make it a great hotel. The good:
1. Clean overall (no bugs)
2. Great pool (lagoon-like pool)
3. Right next to beach (beach is great!)
4. Good rooms
5. Decent entertainment (great band one night at the bar on the beach)
1. Check-in/check-out took about 20-30 minutes for each.
2. Food was mediocre, and there are only about 3 restaurants. Nachos (corn chips with a bit of salsa was about $4).
3. Hotel over charges guests to take taxi in town and does not allow guests to call other taxi companies.
4. Service is spotty. Waiters took a long time to get coffee at breakfast. They spilled half the beer at dinner and didn't automatically get another bottle. The rooms were cleaned, but not always that well. They left dirty towels and didn't always mop.
5. Spa treatments are overpriced.
Here's what we did to combat the bad: we walked to the main town (about 1 hr 15 minute walk). We ate at the restaurant outside the hotel gates. There were also several restaurants on the beach and at the nearest town.