Best Location in Rehoboth Beach! A review of Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
OK, I've read some of the previous reviews so I thought I'd put my 2 cents in. My family and I stayed here the 2nd to last week in Aug. '03.
This is definitely a family hotel (resort would be a stretch) and would not recommend it for a couple looking for a romantic getaway. Pros: 1. We found the location to be #1 without a doubt. Near everything!!!
2. Pool was decent size and right off the beach. It was busy with a lot of kiddies. No lifegaurd though.
3. We had a 1-bedroom suite which was OK (nothing great). One thing worth mentioning is that the suite is designed where so as soon as you walk in, the bedroom is the first room. I like this because when the kiddies are sleeping on the pullout (which was only fullsize - a con) I could come and go without disturbing them.
4. We had an ocean view which is what we were told when I originally reserved the room.
5. 2 restaurants - 1 formal, 1 informal (never ate at either one so I can't comment on the food/service) 6. Room was made every day without any issues
Cons: 1. Front desk and hotel staff was somewhat unattentive.
2. Sometimes there were no towels at the pool 3. No lifeguard at the pool
All in all we had a great time and would definitely consider going back there again. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!