Beautiful hotel - - not exactly convenient location A review of Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
We stayed here from Dec 20th-Dec 22nd last week. The hotel is gorgeous.
Some pluses include:
- Within walking distance to some cool, small restaurants
- Beautiful lobby area & nice pool area (pool is heated)
- Room is well-appointed
- All staff was very nice.
- Restaurant in hotel (Three Sisters) is nice and has good breakfast. They also have a small cafe which serves Starbucks coffee.
Some minuses include:
- For our requirements, the hotel is not convenient to the interstate or convenient to get to. We were traveling to Pro Player Stadium and to the American Airlines arena. Traffic was a chore during rush hour to travel to the stadiums. I don't recommend driving during rush hour.
- We had a smallish room with a king-size bed. Our room was literally in the corner of the courtyard and if we left our curtains open, the people in the adjacent room with the balcony would be able to see right into our room - - and we were on the 6th floor!
- Parking was $12 per 24-hour period. The hotel allowed in-and-out parking, which was good. I just don't like to pay for parking, especially if we're staying there.
I would recommend staying at this hotel if you choose to be in Coral Gables. I think I just need to do better research next time to find hotels closer to our ultimate destinations (i.e. stadiums).