Average Hotel - Fair Price A review of Newport Beach Hotel & Suites
Let me first thank everyone for there candid reviews. I stayed at the Inn at Newport Beach this past weekend 2/18/05 - 2/21/05. The hotel as many other people pointed out, is not directly on the beach as the website picture suggests. It is located directly across from the beach on the north side of Memorial Highway. The Hotel is however the closest hotel to the beach in the Newport area from what I can sees I have been to Newport many times and stayed just about everywhere. This has included stays at the Marriott, Hotel Viking, Vanderbilt Hall, The Chandler Inn, and many other higher end hotels/inns as well. The following is my review of the hotel:
- The hotel is a very affordable hotel and was very clean and a good value for the money.
- The rooms are basic but clean. They are about the equivilent of a Days Inn.
- The shower was actually great. Very hot and good water pressure. I found nothing wrong with the showers
- Food/Breakfast. The food was edible and continental as the website suggested. It was perfect to satisfy you after waking up on your way out the door the day. It was certainly not a full breakfast or anything fancy but decent considering it was "FREE"
- The location was great it was very close to the mansions yet far enough away from downtown touris area of downtown. It was a five minute drive or cab ride to downtown shopping and restaurants.
- The view was great. I had a room overlooking the bay and it was beautiful to look at in the evening or in the morning when the sun came up. .
- The help were very accomdating and extremely pleasent for my entire stay.
The hotel is a Days Inn from the 30's It was a fairly decent hotel for the price and in the summertime it would be he best place to be for the beach. If you are someone who is going to Newport for a romantic getaway and high end treatment this is NOT the place for you. If you plan on not being in the room and want to get away for a cheap weekend and still enjoy all Newport has to offer, this place will do you fine. Enjoy your stay if you dare otherwise best of luck with your stay at Vanderbilt Hall and/or The Chandler Inn.