Absolutely filthy A review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
I would give it one star (or zero), except the staff were so friendly and helpful! Housekeeping was another matter:
· The dust on surfaces was caked on and clearly had been there since long before our stay. The sink's counter surface looked and felt grimy.
· The room's rug was so stained and dirty we wore shoes at all times.
· Dirty towels we left on the bathroom floor remained there after housekeeping had cleaned our room.
· Twice when housekeeping did take dirty towels, they did not replace them.
· Empty toilet paper rolls were not replaced.
· On at least three days, our garbage cans were not emptied; once old newspapers were left on the floor.
· The bathtub and shower curtain looked dirty when we arrived and remained dirty throughout our stay.
· One night, dried black mud from our shoes came off onto the bathroom floor. After housekeeping had been there the next day, the dirt remained.
· Our coffee maker yielded foul coffee, even using our own good coffee we had brough. When the taste improved over several days, we realized the machine had been filthy. We'd been drinking the cleaning water.
· The day we checked out, the same large pieces of dirt I noticed upon checking in still resided on top of the air conditioning.
I wrote to the hotel manager, but a month later have heard nothing. I just forwarded all my complaints to corporate headquarters.