A Terrible Disappointment A review of Brookdale Inn & Spa
We spent ~$150 for one night, and it was the most wasted expenditure of our lives:
1. Our non-smoking room smelled horribly of cigarette smoke. It was stifling and nauseating.
2. The whole place was filthy. Beer cans and trash littered all over the hallways.
3. The walls are paper thin. We were up most of the night listening to our neighbor's conversation, television and knocks on their door. There is absolutely no sound proofing in this place. It was almost impossible to discern whether the knock was on OUR door or the neighbors.
4. The television didn't work.
5. There was no hot water.
6. The bed was as hard as a rock.
7. Finally, when we were checking out we complained to the manager. She didn't apologize, or even look at us. All she did was plaster on a condescending smile and scribble down our complaints on a sheet of paper (which no doubt ended up in the circular file shortly thereafter).
My advice? Go stay at the nearby EconoLodge!