A problem never before encountered A review of Stagecoach Hotel and Casino
A friend and I, participating in a field trip, arrived at the Stagecoach Friday, October 17, 2003, checked in & met the other members of our party for dinner in the cafe at 6 PM. Returning to our room early on, we entered, locked the door, and there followed a loud shattering noise. We were frightened that someone was in the bathroom - my friend checked while I waited outside. We discovered the very large bathroom mirror had shattered and was in millions of pieces all over the bathroom where one of us had planned on going momentarily. Long shards were protruding from the toilet, the bathtub was gouged badly as was the floor and door. We phoned the office - they sent a man over with a rollabout plastic bin, a broom and a dustpan - he swept and picked up - leaving a little blood around from his cuts. The next day we mentioned to the front desk that "we were the women in the room with the exploding mirror" and please do not replace it while we are there - we were assured it would not be "as it would have to come from Las Vegas" - (still somewhat in shock) we waited until we checked out this AM 10/20/03 to express our concern that no one had even inquired about our welfare - A woman in the office said "I didn't know about that", and we were told it was a good thing we were not hit by flying glass (laughing all around) and the woman said "That mirror has been there for four years" - very defensively. We left and will not stay there again. Our main concern is that we feel the mirror was most likely not secured properly and perhaps this will occur again - anyone in the bathroom would have undoubtedly been killed instantly. My friend took pictures. The food was OK & waitstaff very friendly - a real asset to the establishment.