Shasta Marina Resort
TripAdvisor Reviews Shasta Marina Resort Lakehead
Travel Blogs from Lakehead
- After a nice day at SOU we made our way back home.
- On the way down into California we stopped to Mt. Shasta national forest.
- It is one of the world's largest and most impressive stratovolcanoes.
- We camp out here for the ...
... at the base of The Big Tree with a diameter of 22 feet and a height of 340 feet! We marched the trail of the Cathedral giants, ferns towering over our heads and more bright green moss covering fallen soldiers of the forest. Shrubs of every shade of green filled the cool shade. Great rounded burls and gnarls disfigured the trunks of many of the great patriarchs. There were no flowers, at least nothing blooming when we were there, but, ...
Traveled from El Dorado Hills, California to Redding, California
- Stopped at Redding 11:10 a.m. and left at 11:30 a.m.
- I stopped at Arco gas station
- The bathrooms were not too nice, but they were decent
- Bought a water bottle, chips and beef jerky but I was not too hungry because of my big breakfast
- Food Costs: $4.50
- Gas Costs: $37.27
On our way to California... no real schedule, no hotels, just flying by the seat of our pants with adventure & fun on our minds and many people & places to visit.
First stop on the way was Shasta, CA. We stopped at the highly recommended Crystal Room, a store that has many rooms. One room is for singing bowls only! It was a blast for Shane. He loves music and stones. As we walked though the store we ...
... can do. It is still an active volcano that is monitored regularly and we noticed the campground had posted volcanic eruption emergency plans all over. Kind of crazy!
We took the scenic drive through the park and couldn't believe how much snow was in the area still. We were surprised and disappointed that one of the trails we had read about and wanted to go on was ...