Hotel Beit Bahar
Travel Blogs from Dubai
We saw little of Dubai....only just a glimpse of the city as we were taxing off on our homeward flight of 16 1/2 hours. What we saw was pretty sensational. Tall and modern skyscrapers dotting the horizon. What did impress us was the fantastic airport...very modern, very comfortable and ...
... through the slick and hugely impressive customs hall and are whisked to our Pyramid shaped Egyptian themed hotel - very "Vegas". I have to confess it is decadent......Sheik types everywhere..........resplendent in their white robes and head dresses.............contrasting with the shabbily dressed Europeans kitted out in their usual crumpled M & S shorts and teeshirts! What on earth do they think of us!!!!!!!! We are processed by James and ...
... The Barjeel Guesthouse is in the "old" section of Dubai, just over the river from the souks (bazaars/markets). The word "barjeel" means "wind tower" - this has been the traditional way of cooling Arabian/Emeriti dwellings. Fortunately, the "barjeel" on this guesthouse is just for show and our room was comfortably air conditioned. It's not unusual for temperatures to reach 40-50C (105-120F) in the hottest time of the year. We found everytime ...
... over the next 4 months, I will change my exercise pattern to shorter and more intense sessions. All my good work was ruined by going to 'Ginger' a Japanese restaurant tonight where I had Pad Thai Goong and deep fried noodles with caramel ice cream. The food was excellent and it's always good to try new cuisines. I feel that I'm just starting to understand Dubai and really like its energy and contrast. Beach route on the bus tomorrow, can't ...
... Our driver cruised up and over the dunes as though he was driving down a straight road (which was funny because his driving on the highway scared the life out of me!). We had to stop several times for various other vehicles that had gotten stuck in the sand or needed to change a tyre. There were also several breathtaking photo stops, including one just as the sun was setting! They then drove us onto the desert camp, where there were several belly ...
Other places to stay in Dubai
دبي مارينا, Dubai | 5 star resortfrom $166
- Is this the best hotel in dubai?
- Great Visit
- Excellent, would recommend to all.
الصفوح, Dubai | 4 star resortfrom $163
- Would not go there again
- Poor hotel - do not stay here unless desperate
- Wow, what a surprise!!
المركز التجاري, Dubai | 4 star resortfrom $154
- Isolated Oasis
- Loved it! Such a relaxing holiday!
بر دبي, Dubai | 3 star resortfrom $181
- The whole experience was a fiasco of epic proportions
- A Great Hotel!
Al Sufouh Road, Dubai | 5 star resortfrom $351
- Absolutely phenomenal !!!
- Excellent Service considering size of resort
- A mixed bag
دبي مارينا, Dubai | 5 star resortfrom $154
- Excellent Family Holiday - Five Star Service, Superb Food!
- Very impressed with Le Meridien Mina Seyahi
- Great Hotel, if you like Dubai
1, Dubai | 5 star resortfrom $245
- Not great with kids!
- Impeccable Service
- We love Dubai, its our 3rd visit!!
جميرا, Dubai | 5 star resortfrom $152
- Excellent, excellent, excellent!!
- Lovely place to stay, fantastic atmosphere
- Disappointing rooms
أم سقيم, Dubai | 5 star resortfrom $251
- Lovely hotel, but pricey
- The Jumeirah Beach Hotel deserves every one of its accolades
- Top Class
دبي مارينا, Dubai | 5 star resortfrom $267
- Very Nice Appts Great Value
- Avoid if you are a professional !
- Best apartments in Dubai!!
International Endurance City, 308th Rd, Dubai | 4 star resortfrom $171
- Fantastic Resort Truly a Magical Experience
- Disappointed by Bab Al Shams
- The Magical desert Resort
1, Dubai | 5 star resortfrom $259
- Who is this fool!!
- Great Design, shame about everything else!!!!
- A world class resort
جميرا, Dubai | 3 star resortfrom $69
- Loved it
- Had a great time at the Regent Beach Resort
- Thanks to all the staff at Regent Beach Resort !
Dubai Al Ain Road, Dubai | 5 star resortfrom $877
- The most amazing hotel!!
- The most relaxing hotel on earth
- The perfect retreat
1, Dubai | 5 star resortfrom $167
أم سقيم, Dubai | 5 star resortfrom $1,322