Andilana Beach Resort
How has this resort rated in the past?
Photos of Andilana Beach Resort
TripAdvisor Reviews Andilana Beach Resort Nosy Be
Travel Blogs from Nosy Be
... across impossibly turquoise blue ocean, and mooring in quiet bays and river mouths at night, with the water lapping gently against the boat, the dazzling blanket of stars and the bright almost full moon overhead
- we can see the villagers’ fires at night, they wave as we sail past and sometimes come out to the boat in their dug out pirogues
- and we can hear them chopping wood and singing
- one mooring was more exposed, so more bouncy through the ...
... ropes back, Steve said they were not suitable as they were green – trying to make a joke – which of course they did not get…
When we went to breakfast, one of the staff members said that Air Madagascar had called, and that we should collect the bag from their office in town. So we went there first, my clothes and face cream being a priority over wild lemurs today! I said to Steve I was sick of dressing like a boy! Anyway, I was very excited to see my bag there and a very helpful man sorted out the paperwork, although was not overly apologetic. It sounds like this is ...
After a decent sleep, we looked out to see the blue of the ocean at the end of the garden. We had breakfast at tables just above the sand, overlooking the ocean - it's a funny little place, quiet, quaint, not much happening. The breakfast was typically French - very good coffee, some fruit, crepes, bread roll and jam. Simple but not very filling.
The lady at reception took all the details of my missing bag and promised ...
... and the owner (Gerard - we have not met Francine yet) said "Bienvenue les voyageurs braves" - welcome brave travellers!!
Other initial impressions:
- we can hear the Indian ocean, it's about 20 metres away, in the dark
- 3 ply loo roll (even Madagascar still influenced by French obsession with their bums and what comes out of it!)