Cabins On Laurel Creek
How has this ranch rated in the past?
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations
TripAdvisor Reviews Cabins On Laurel Creek Laurel Springs
Travel Blogs from Laurel Springs
... and danger, house-raising and romance, the ties that bind the Stuart family and the small pioneer community grow. Despite his conflicted feelings of loyalty to the Crown, Dr. Stuart finds himself a respected leader in this hidden mountain community.Daniel Boone steps in and out of the story as character and character/narrator, helping guide Dr. Stuart’s transformation into a free thinker and bona fide mountain man.The doctor’s aid ...
- Bethel Baptist Church puts on a Bethel Blast every 4th of July. They furnish pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, bottled water, soda, various desserts and watermelon. Local bands play in the big tent and fireworks at dark thirty. All this is free! ...
- It is amazing that this town has a 4th of July parade every year with the most simple of floats and entries and the whole town turns out and appreciates it as much as a Macy's parade. You can certainly feel the American pride and patriotism in this town.
- After the parade free watermelon and cake (made by the local bakery) are served on the lawn of the Jones ...
... but after 2 miles spotted them another mile or more away on a bald knob. We decided not to pursue them, but enjoyed the views along the way. This is a lovely highland area that reminded us much of our home in West Virginia, and Dolly Sods Wilderness area, which is in our own backyard. Still, one never tires of such beauty, wherever it may be found!
After our hike we drove back to Marion, Virginia, and had a late lunch at a barbeque place there.
- Met a friend from Cradock High, George Weaver, that lives about 2 hours from Boone, NC. We met half way in Wilkesboro, NC for lunch. Such a delight to see a friendly face from the past.
- The drive from Boone to Wilkesboro was incredibly beautiful on Hwy 421.
- Please excuse the pictures which were taken with one hand while I drove with the other in the ...