Days Inn & Suites Morganton
How has this motel rated in the past?
TripAdvisor Reviews Days Inn & Suites Morganton
Travel Blogs from Morganton
... resentment of British rule culminated when they formed the Overmountain Men during the Revolutionary War, marching to King’s Mountain and handing the British a stinging defeat recognized as a turning point of the conflict.The Orchard’s first permanent resident was Charlie McKinney, whose legend has grown due to his prodigious family. McKinney had 48 children by four wives he somehow managed to co-exist ...
... see the falls. It was worth it though. We camped overnight in one of the parking areas on our own completely surrounded by nature. Interestingly there are numerous rhododendron bushes, some huge, that are all through the forest. The flowers are all a soft pink. We have since found out that there is no freedom parking in any National Park!
We continued our trail along the Parkway, stopping often. We walked the track to beneath the Linn Cove Viaduct. This viaduct was ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...
Pulled in around 2:30. Glad not to have another extended trip time anytime soon. We had a wonderful trip. Great friends to travel with, would definitely get the Special Ed Posse together again anytime, just not back to Alaska! Statistics are a bit sketchy, but by my feeble calculations, we did the following:
Air Miles 5008
Rail Miles 283
Bus Miles 543
Car Miles 1700
Ship Miles 1240
- The Green Park Inn, Built in 1882, grand hotel reminds me of the once fabulous Biltmore.
- A different local group or musician plays on the porch each week. The group today is called Handlebar Betty. They sound like a mix of Bluegrass and Mountain ...