Quality Inn Lawton
Travel Blogs from Lawton
3. Visit to John Lobb Shoes and given a personal tour by Neil McLaran. Then visiting in his after- work pub.
4. Stonehenge and touching a Henge stone at Avebury.
5. Dinner with Cade and Jill at Wolseley's.. it was so surreal to be in London together.
1. Anne Frank's original diary. The realization that she was Grant's ...
... with the sundowner on the shore of Lake Manyara with flamingo and my birthday dinner with the presentation of a birthday cake, wine from Garis clan from Tuscany AND the staff singing Happy Birthday in Swahili . (The kitchen roof caught on fire during the same dinner)
5. The first upclose lions at Klein's Camp. I mean REALLY close and mating. ( Grant is scarred for life)
... proceeded to send an email to my sisters and other family to see if anyone wanted to join us. 9 other family members said "yes!" After research and discussion with several travel agencies, we decided on Tanzania with a side trip to Zanzibar. Rick, Grant and I will travel to London for a week prior to Safari. Jack is staying home to participate in OU's "Summer Academy" and summer school. This decision will pay off for him when he gets to suit up this fall. ...
... campfire just after sunset.
Without the sun, it was rather cold that night, so we built a big campfire with the dead wood we had gathered earlier. For dinner we enjoyed hot dogs grilled over the fire, and potatoes and corn on the cob cooked in the hot coals. Sydney was introduced to “smores” for dessert, an American
tradition consisting of roasted marshmallows pressed between graham crackers and ...
... We then drove by the school where Brian and Chris attended school and where they first played soccer.
We then returned to the motohome just before the skies opened up and the winds came. After living there for three years, we never forgot the intensity of an Oklahoma thunderstorm, and this one reinforced that memory!
The next day we decided to lay over an extra day to go to the commissary and PX, watch some football and chill.